Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Timer recordings empty/blank

Hamram

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 3, 2010
Messages
323
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Timer recordings seems to work, but they don't, as the recordings turn out empty. Zero minutes and seconds. Direct recordings work just fine.

Edit: I'm using a double tuner block, and it seems like only one of the inputs get signal through, and this is the upper input. I deleted the upper (C) input, and used only the lower (D) to test if I could watch a program, but the screen is black. It has full signal, but no picture. On the screen I get a message reading something like this: No data on transponder (Timeout reading PAT)
 
Last edited:
This is a bug... As a last attempt to find the problem, I flashed the box with an older image (5.005), and then everything worked just fine. Then I re-installed the latest, but got the same problem. Juist now I'm flasing version 21, but I don't know if it is any better. Both 23 and 24 had the same problem.
 
Last edited:
There was an issue with twin tuner cards on Vu receivers. A script was added for some of the Vu receivers, but not the ultimo.

There is a workaround script knocking around. Have a search. Should have duo2 pre-fix.
 
I worked my way backwards, and version 5.0.013 is the newest version working with my double tuner block. I will now try the script in the latest version, just to see if I can make it run. I really hope this will be embedded in future releases. Thank you! :)

PS: I don't know if it matters, but I have a double satellite tuner, not T or C.
 
Last edited:
By the way, is this a VIX problem, or will I find it in all images? Is there anyone in this forum who can fix this..? I know I can't...
 
This maybe same problem I had setting up box (not a VU+) for a friend of mine who wanted OpenATV. I noticed that despite in settings the tuner setup was set to auto, it didn't recognise the second tuner of the dual/twin DVB-C/T2 tuner that only has one input and splits the signal internally. The image recognised the first tuner but not second from this one physical tuner. I had to change settings to manual and set it up so that it knew two dvb-C/T2 tuners was available.

If it is the same issue then, it's not specifically related to Vix more of an OE-A core issue. If this is the case, flashing with likes of OpenPLi might be an idea to see if this image also has same issue with these type of tuners.
 
Maybe the problems are related, but in this case it is a dual block with two separate inputs. Both tuners are recognised by the image, but only one of them can get transponder data/signal. I will try another image ASAP, just to find out if this problem is in all images. It will be tough though, as I've used nothing but VIX for many years. ��
 
I wasn't clear, both tuners showed as available (ie Tuner C & D) when using signal finder as I can switch between them but only Tuner C picked up a signal but Tuner D showed no signal (ie dead). That was until I changed setting from auto to manual and set it up, rebooted then signal finder worked and picked up signal on both tuner C & D.

It does sound very similar.
 
OK, seems pretty similar then. I've never used any auto settings, so unfortunately the manual settings are already done. Maybe I should try it the other way around, and go auto. :)
 
The commit that highlighted this driver issue is this:
https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/commit/57298e31eaf83e4599076cb467a7e7548a8eaf66


Anyway, the workaround has been added for the Ultimo. When 5.0 026 comes out, do not update! Flash/Install 5.0 026 (or newer) and then restore settings/plugins instead. Otherwise the script won't kick in.

Update = Menu > Setup > Software update

Flash/Install = Use USB or Image manager to install different image.

Guide to flashing/restore
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-and-Restores/
 
Last edited:
This workaround, is it possible for me to add it in version 25? I'm an amateur, so my knowledge is't very big, but I understand the basics, and I can use Filezilla...
 
Thank you guys, for adding this workaround. It is working just fine!:thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top