Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Timeshift Issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter redbrownie
  • Start date Start date
R

redbrownie

Guest
I'm having a really frustrating issue with PTS. I have a VU+ Duo using Vix v3.0 (build 742).

I have enabled PTS by setting timeshift to automatically start after 2 seconds. When I press the <Rewind> button it works fine but then when I press <Play> it jumps back to live TV rather than playing from the point that I have rewound to.

I have only recently updated the VIX image after a seperate issue and reflash. It used to work completely fine for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
 
This is a driver issue, that applies to all VU's.
You'll notice that this happens only the first time you press Play/Pauze; from then on you can move the time-cursor to any point and press Play to resume from that point.
 
I wish that was true :)

It happens every time for me. I have no idea what build I was on previously (v2.3) but it wasn't an issue then and is now.

Thanks anyway for the reply.
 
1) I over-looked the 'Permanent Timeshift' sticky thread and thought it might be better served in there (my bad).

2) I happen to be one of those people who believes in helping out others rather than being obtuse with newcomers.

If you're so worried about the dual post then your post was equally wasteful.

(Meant to quote Tkr001 there but still getting to grips with this forum).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really think that I would go to the trouble of registering on a Support forum just to make something up?

Trust me, it happens exactly as I describe it. As of two weeks ago, when I was using a version of Vix with the old Timeshift settings (PTS Enbled Yes) I was able to rewind live tv and then press play to view the programme from wherever I wanted.

When I do it that now it jumps back to the live position of the programme. If it was a driver issue i'd imagine that it would have happened regardless of the version of Vix but that's just not the case.

Am I able to roll back to a previous version of Vix?

If so, is it a simple case of re-flashing to an older version via USB or is there any issue with doing that?

Thanks.
 
No issue with rolling back to a previous build, you can find all recent ones from http://openvix.co.uk

I'd advise not using any backup restores on a fresh flash so you can tell if it's an image problem or an old settings problem.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top