Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Timeshift/recording question

  • Thread starter Thread starter XRD
  • Start date Start date
X

XRD

Guest
Hi all, been reading around about timeshift so apologies if I have missed it - ok, here goes... I start watching a film that starts at 9pm. At about 9.10pm, I decide I want to record the whole movie (from start to finish, so including those 10 minutes that I've already watched). What settings do I need to change in timeshift/recordings to have this behaviour?

Thanks
 
The options I get presented to me are...

  1. add recording (stop after current event)
  2. add recording (indefinitely)
  3. add recording (enter recording duration)
  4. add recording (enter recording endtime)
  5. Timeshift save recording (stop after current event)
  6. Timeshift save recording (Select event)
  7. don't record

...so from that, I would guess it's either option 1 or 5?
 
Yes, option 5 is the one you want.
 
  • Like
Reactions: XRD
Ok... I must be doing something wrong here. I put on option 5 (Timeshift save recording (stop after current event)), roughly 60 minutes into the Chelsea - Spurs match. At 90 minutes, I changed channel and was asked to 'save movie to harddisk'. However it literally saved a file of 0minutes and 0seconds! Surely I should have half an hour at least?

My timeshift settings are:

Location: /hdd/timeshift
Permanent Timeshift Enable: yes
Permanent Timeshift Max Events: 05
Permanent Timeshift Max Length: 180
Permanent Timeshift Start Delay: 005
Timeshift-Save Action on zap: Ask user
Stop timeshift while recording?: no
Show PTS Inforbar while timeshifting?: yes
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top