Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Zero4K] Trying to comple dvb-apps_1.1.1.bb

  • Thread starter Thread starter bear
  • Start date Start date
LraiZer did you install any other base components or libraries?

No other dependencies were added, I just added the dvbnet app and the libdvbapi.so that are in the archives.

I tested on:
Xpeed LX3 running latest OpenViX image.
DM800se running OpenPLi 4 very old image.

Both produced identical log output as shown in post #10

Could not test on my other stb:
Zgemma H2H running latest OpenPLi as no net device present /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0
 
I built it twice, for different architectures, there were no errors.

IIRC, segmentation faults are usually driver related. I'll try use the application later.

Thanks, I seem to get this error with the original bb file:

WARNING: dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL hg://linuxtv.org/hg;module=dvb-apps;protocol=http, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command export PATH="/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/dvb-apps/dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/perl-native:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/scripts:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/dvb-apps/dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/mipsel-oe-linux:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/dvb-apps/dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/dvb-apps/dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/dvb-apps/dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/dvb-apps/dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/sbin:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/dvb-apps/dvb-apps-1.1.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/bin:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/bitbake/bin:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/vuduo/tmp/hosttools"; export HOME="/root"; /usr/bin/env hg pull failed with exit code 127, output:
/usr/bin/env: hg: No such file or directory

If I change hg://linuxtv.org/hg to http://linuxtv.org/hg then I get the patching errors?

mercurial is install on my PC.

Seems like the problem is some thread locking issue with dvb_net_do_ioctl which probably explains why
I see random responses from "dvbnet -l"
 
No other dependencies were added, I just added the dvbnet app and the libdvbapi.so that are in the archives.

I tested on:
Xpeed LX3 running latest OpenViX image.
DM800se running OpenPLi 4 very old image.

Both produced identical log output as shown in post #10

Could not test on my other stb:
Zgemma H2H running latest OpenPLi as no net device present /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0

Both my STB's(vudup and vuzero4k) have multiple tuners, perhaps thats causing the problem?
I will step back further in time and try out my old DM500S!
 
Both my STB's(vudup and vuzero4k) have multiple tuners, perhaps thats causing the problem?
I will step back further in time and try out my old DM500S!
My Xpeed LX3 has multiple tuners. so unless others report similar issue on other stb, common denominator for issue so far is only VU+ STB?

My VMware virtual machine build box for dm500 dev can be found HERE if of any use?

single download zip archive contains:

COMPRESSED:
19 x 50MB RAR archives
Total 941MB

EXTRACTED:
1 x ukcvs folder
2.9GB
 
my results using LraiZer's upload

Code:
root@gbue4k:~# dvbnet -l

DVB Network Interface Manager
Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A

Query DVB network interfaces:
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Found 0 interface(s).
Code:
root@gbue4k:~# dvbnet -p 8000

DVB Network Interface Manager
Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A

Status: device dvb0_0 for pid 8000 created successfully.
Code:
root@gbue4k:~# dvbnet -l

DVB Network Interface Manager
Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A

Query DVB network interfaces:
-----------------------------
Found device 0: interface dvb0_0, listening on PID 8000, encapsulation MPE
-----------------------------
Found 1 interface(s).
Code:
root@gbue4k:~# dvbnet -d 0

DVB Network Interface Manager
Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A

Status: device 0 removed successfully.
Code:
root@gbue4k:~# dvbnet -l

DVB Network Interface Manager
Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A

Query DVB network interfaces:
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Found 0 interface(s).
 
This is the for the Duo 4k

Code:
vuduo4k login: root
root@vuduo4k:~# dvbnet -l

DVB Network Interface Manager
Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A

Query DVB network interfaces:
-----------------------------
Segmentation fault

Next command would not progress and I could not stop it, there was no timeout

Code:
root@vuduo4k:~# dvbnet -p 8000

DVB Network Interface Manager
Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A

^C^[
 
Thanks abu baniaz for checking out the duo 4k, looks like an issue with the vuplus hardware/build.
Will look at an alternative box, any recommendation for a decent small 4k option?
 
I think it is best to wait for someone to test an actual receiver instead of speculating. The Zgemmas have been fine with their drivers and the most cost effective at the moment. Maybe one of the owners can test for you.

Octagon-Germany posts on the forum. Maybe you can PM them and ask to check for you.
 
Thanks, will have a look at the Zgemmas.
Just to consolidate, I experience the problem across the following vuplus receivers that I have(and borrowed) : duo; solo & zero4k.
 
dvb-apps has been added to the OE-A feeds and should be available on images built from tonight
 
Out of interest, I have run builds and installed updated feeds for following GBUE4K, Zgemma Combo and Octagon SF8008.
Command dvbnet -l gives following results:
GBUE4K: Found 0 interfaces (s).
Zgemma Combo: Error: couldn't open device 0: 2 No such file or directory
Octagon SF8008: Found 0 interface(s) .
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top