P
paul1098
Guest
I'd previously set my box up without any issues except for the HDD cable detailed elsewhere.
Thought I'd try an external HDD while waiting for cable but seem to have a new issue of Error 'Tune Fail' box coming on the screen.
When the box is hard restarted everything seems ok. TV screen shows bbc1. As soon as I go into epg & then go back I lose the channel & get the error box & 'tune fail.
If I soft restart the box I get bbc1 showing but error 'tune fail' box up as well. picture goes as soon as epg is entered.
Tuner A is the one that fails, I've swoped cables from B & I still have the same issue.
If I disable tuner A then I have no problems with the picture or epg.
Hardware issue or software / ABM issue?
I've seen another thread on this with comments about sat finder & have repeated them below.
1.
Please confirm that you have two cables from the satellite dish to your receiver.
Two cables, one in each tuner
2.
Disable tuner B.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration
Highlight Tuner B then chnage configuration mode to "not configured"
3.
Go to Signal/Satellite Finder and check that tuner A can receive signal for the transponder mentioned later.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Signal/Satellite Finder
Ensure that the settings are excatly as pictured and post back as to whether you get a lock or not.
Sat: 28.2
Tune: User defined transponder
Sytem: DVB-S
Frequency: 11778
Polarisation : Vertical
Symol Rate: 27500
Inversion: Auto
FEC : Auto
Report back as to whether you get a lock or not.
No signal no lock
4.
Enable tuner B. Set it as simple Single, 28.2
Disable tuner A.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration
Highlight Tuner B then chnage configuration mode to "not configured"
5.
Go to Signal/Satellite Finder and check that tuner B can receive signal for the transponder mentioned later.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Signal/Satellite Finder
Ensure that the settings are excatly as pictured and post back as to whether you get a lock or not.
Sat: 28.2
Tune: User defined transponder
Sytem: DVB-S
Frequency: 11778
Polarisation : Vertical
Symol Rate: 27500
Inversion: Auto
FEC : Auto
Report back as to whether you get a lock or not.
Lock
Thought I'd try an external HDD while waiting for cable but seem to have a new issue of Error 'Tune Fail' box coming on the screen.
When the box is hard restarted everything seems ok. TV screen shows bbc1. As soon as I go into epg & then go back I lose the channel & get the error box & 'tune fail.
If I soft restart the box I get bbc1 showing but error 'tune fail' box up as well. picture goes as soon as epg is entered.
Tuner A is the one that fails, I've swoped cables from B & I still have the same issue.
If I disable tuner A then I have no problems with the picture or epg.
Hardware issue or software / ABM issue?
I've seen another thread on this with comments about sat finder & have repeated them below.
1.
Please confirm that you have two cables from the satellite dish to your receiver.
Two cables, one in each tuner
2.
Disable tuner B.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration
Highlight Tuner B then chnage configuration mode to "not configured"
3.
Go to Signal/Satellite Finder and check that tuner A can receive signal for the transponder mentioned later.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Signal/Satellite Finder
Ensure that the settings are excatly as pictured and post back as to whether you get a lock or not.
Sat: 28.2
Tune: User defined transponder
Sytem: DVB-S
Frequency: 11778
Polarisation : Vertical
Symol Rate: 27500
Inversion: Auto
FEC : Auto
Report back as to whether you get a lock or not.
No signal no lock
4.
Enable tuner B. Set it as simple Single, 28.2
Disable tuner A.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration
Highlight Tuner B then chnage configuration mode to "not configured"
5.
Go to Signal/Satellite Finder and check that tuner B can receive signal for the transponder mentioned later.
Menu > Setup > Setup > Service Searching > Signal/Satellite Finder
Ensure that the settings are excatly as pictured and post back as to whether you get a lock or not.
Sat: 28.2
Tune: User defined transponder
Sytem: DVB-S
Frequency: 11778
Polarisation : Vertical
Symol Rate: 27500
Inversion: Auto
FEC : Auto
Report back as to whether you get a lock or not.
Lock