Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

"tune failed" with Vu+ Duo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thameswater
  • Start date Start date
T

Thameswater

Guest
i have a pretty odd problem I'd say

Im running the VIX 2.3 image (not sure if this is the problem which is why i didnt put it in the VIX support section), but Im having a problem

I currently only use one tuner because there's something wrong with the other line coming from my mini dish, Ill be getting a replacement within 2 weeks

now, I use dreamdroid in my bedroom on my Galaxy Tab2 7.0 as I dont have a TV there yet, now as I have only 1 tuner available so I have to zap the channel on the box, then stream.

the problem is when i come back to watch it on TV and try to change the channel, i get a message saying tune failed, i can watch the channel I was streaming but cant change it until i turn off with the main switch and reboot it.

does anyone know how to fix this please? i didnt have the problem with my dish was working properly as I didnt have to zap the channel

thanks
 
I think its because streaming as far as the unit goes..is the same as recording, recordings take priority over the user, so as only one tuner is working, once you stream, on the tv, you will only have limited transponders available, hence loss of signal
 
oh right. i stop the streaming before i try to view on TV though and end the program. is this a limitation of the device/enigma2 or is there anything i can do to be able to change channels once i stop streaming?

thanks
 
Are you sure the app is killed properly? Also, why not try upgrading to vix 3.0 it's worth it.
 
oh right. i stop the streaming before i try to view on TV though and end the program. is this a limitation of the device/enigma2 or is there anything i can do to be able to change channels once i stop streaming?
There's a known problem in all VU drivers for all VU boxes: sometimes tuners are not properly 'released' when streaming has stopped. Only cure in that case is to reboot the box.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top