Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Tuner not available error

Morning all, i am still having this problem, done all i can to find out why, including all suggestions above, a new box was purchased also, a mutant2400, i have also done fresh flash without restore, i have also tried every setting in recording settings, i have now put Hades 018 back on the box as of yesterday, no problem since:p with respect i would ask if the members who have tried to address this problem actually record on a daily basis as i do, not sure there is a problem if you don't record.
My box is recording most weekdays (bloody soaps) and I haven't discovered this on my Solo2.

I did a fresh usb flash with no restore of settings and only plugins installed is softcam and bluehd skin. I use ABM and don't use multisat just sky.

Do you have any plugins installed at all?
 
I have no plugins installed, not much point discussing it anymore, just myself has obviously set it up wrong:confused: no problem on my cable box with the new image though. i will continue to use Hades 018 for now.
 
Last edited:
I have a range of boxes on ViX 3.2 and none of them has such an issue. And if there was a real problem in this area, the forum would be overloaded with complaints.

So best is to try to find the culprit instead of walking away. There must be a suer setting that causes this. Best way would be to start with a flash without restore (only use ABM or any other means to get your bouquets on board) and a softcam.
Also disconnect the LAN-cable whenever you experience an issue like this and see if that stops it.

Found mine to be when using Open Webif, with port forwarding on my router. Closed the ports and all is OK again. Disappointing as the streaming feature was one of the things i wanted to use. The port doesnt always stay open and when i have run a few test you can see when i close the stream that tuner B becomes available again. Unfortunately this is hit and miss. Most of the time tuner B is taken up by a stream that was closed a long time ago. Not sure if this is a problem of the STB or the router.
 
I disabled ABM running on schedule and changed to manual and haven't had an issue since.
 
I have had this exact same problem for a couple of months now.
I put it down to an LNB problem, now after reading this thread I'm not so sure.
 
I disabled ABM running on schedule and changed to manual and haven't had an issue since.

I have been using ABM since the day it was invented with daily scheduled runs at 04:00 without issues except where the tuner configuration was at fault.
 
This is a known issue for almost 2 years. I had a VUplus Duo that worked perfectly, with only 1 lnb I could record or stream 1 channel and watch another one.
The only satellites I use are Astra 1KR/1L/1M/1N at (19.2°E) and Astra 3B (23.5°E). Since an update in the drivers around June 2014 many people have had this problem.

Most problems can be solved by:
1. Ensuring your cable works and is connected to Tuner B
2. Ensuring you have the correct tuner configuration: Tuner A -> loopthrough to Tuner B and Tuner B -> Simple (with your satellites)
* You can solve 1 and 2 by patching the NimManager.py script
3. Ensuring you use the correct cccam plugin (2.2.1 will not work, 2.3.0 will allow to decode multiple channels)

If you have done this and it still doesn't work, it's a sad day for you. The replies you will get are "connect another cable" or "it's normal that you can only watch channels on the same transponder". If you are waiting for a fix, you won't get one, so reinstall a very old image, try to fix it yourself or buy another receiver that CAN do this.
 
1- With 'only one LNB' you can't possibly receive two satellites.
2- One LNB means that the second tuner can only look at services in the same polarisation and frequency-band.

All this has nothing to do with any update.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top