Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Tuner setup and timeshift/recording questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter victoriahenri
  • Start date Start date
V

victoriahenri

Guest
Guys,:)

I have had a good look around the forum but I can't find the answer to my problem as it seems that many users have multiple LNB or motorised dishes which is not my case.

Setup:
Et9200
VIX 2.4 213
HDD 2Tb
Legit Sly card, all channels working fine.
One Dish One LNB one cable
Tuner setup:
The feed/cable comes into Tuner A and Tuner B is set to loop through with the factory cable that comes with the STB linking tuner A out to tuner B in.
Permanent timeshift enabled.

I have a few points to clarify regarding tuner setup and time shift/recording issues:

- Am I right to understand that with the above setup I can record any channels (bbc, sly, etc...) and watch any other one? :confused:
It seems that when recording on bbc some of the sly channels become greyed out and I get a message saying that there are no available tuner. Is this a transponders issue, i.e. bbc channels come on a different one than the sly channels or is this an issue with my tuner setup, should it be B equals to A rather than loop through...

I also have a suspicion, which I'd like clarified, does the permanent timeshift locks one tuner and the recording the other one, thus zapping to watch another channel is impossible, is that right?

Should I disable the permanent time shift or change my tuner setup or use a splitter to feed both tuners or is this recording and greyed out channels issue a system limitation?

Well I am at a loss to understand what is going on :confused:
TIA for any input.:thumbsup:
 
- Am I right to understand that with the above setup I can record any channels (bbc, sly, etc...) and watch any other one? :confused:
It seems that when recording on bbc some of the sly channels become greyed out and I get a message saying that there are no available tuner. Is this a transponders issue, i.e. bbc channels come on a different one than the sly channels or is this an issue with my tuner setup, should it be B equals to A rather than loop through...

no its not a transponder issue it's simply because you dont have full use of both tuners as tuner a is looping through to tuner b, this will give slightly more than only using a single tuner but wont ever be able to compete with both tuners having a feed each from the lnb.


Should I disable the permanent time shift or change my tuner setup or use a splitter to feed both tuners or is this recording and greyed out channels issue a system limitation?

you simply cant split a satellite feed like this without risking damage to both the lnb and receiver, you need a multi output lnb so that each tuner gets its own feed.
 
Thanks pheonix that explains quite a lot:thumbsup: so does that mean that I need another cable ? or is there a solution with something like a diseqc box?:confused:
 
yes you ideally need another feed ( cable ) from the lnb to the other tuner. and dont split the feed as that wont work.
 
Ok I understand, sorry to be a PITA with my silly questions;)
I might try using a multiswitch ...
 
Ok I understand, sorry to be a PITA with my silly questions;)
I might try using a multiswitch ...
You are adding complexity for no reason! You just need a dual or quad port lnb on your dish and then run 2 cables from the lnb to your et9200.
Diseqc box is simply a switch usually to connect multiple dishes to 1 or more receivers. Multiswitch basically is the same (but different type of lnb - google quad vs quattro lnb!) but provides many feeds over 1 or more houses/flats.
Keep it simple!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top