Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[SF8] Tuner Setup issue

allanapp

New member
Joined
Nov 16, 2013
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Azores, Mid Atlantic
Hello all. Here in the Azores I've just returned to Openvix having used Openpli 4 on my Octagon SF8 and Openrsi on my Gigablue Quad.

Brilliant job on the latest release of openvix for the GB Quad, everything working perfectly.

However when trying to setup the tuner on the SF8 I have tried all sorts of permutations in the setup but cannot select any satellites, which I could do with the GB Quad setup. The setup simply searches for Astra at 28.2 east and the stb freezes. What I want is at 27.5 west but there seems to be no way of selecting it on this particular release for the SF8

Any suggestions would be welcome please.
 
During image installation there are various selections to make such as HDMI, Network and Tuner setup. With this particular image version there is no opportunity to select the satellite I want, it only defaults to searching for Astra at 28.2E and then freezes.

So I have to hard reset the stb and ignore the wizards, finally being able to access the main menu.

I have FTP'd in the usual way and to the correct folders all the files including lamedb, oscam files etc, channel list/satellites.xml. However, I still am told there is no signal as the tuner must be configured - so back to square 1, there's no way to select the satelite I'm looking for at 27.5W

I've followed every step that worked with setting up the Openvix 5.0.029 GB Quad image

I'm going to try the same image but for the Maxdigital xp1000 which is pretty much the same as the SF8
 
There's nothing showing in the satellite line so cannot select anything.

Latest update. I have installed the image Openvix 5.0.029 for xp1000+ and no problems with sat selection. All working perfectly so clearly something in the image script for the SF8 is missing/corrupt.
 
Stop presuming. The image is the same, whatever receiver you use, just a few features based on hardware differences.



Do you have a satellites.xml in /etc/enigma2/ ? If so, delete it.
 
Well having attempted five or six times installing the SF8 version and not being able to select any satellites and it freezing, it took me just five minutes to install and setup the xp1000+ version which works perfectly. What do you make of that?
 
correct box and file downloaded was it as i find it hard to see no list of sats to choose from setting up box from scratch?
 
cactikid, absolutely correct no sats to choose from but when I installed the xp1000+ version it installed quickly and works perfectly. Clearly some issue with the SF8 version.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top