Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Turbo tuner driver?

I can confirm that it's not working in 17 and 18 on the duo box as I'm stuck with no dvb-c tuner. I have installed with it connected and also with it not connected fresh install from USB each test.
 
Did you do a full restart after installing the driver.
 
Yes I did even a power off after that. I'll try again with v17 and double check everything before I fix an iPhone 5.
 
I have tried this twice yesterday and it does not work on your images. BH it's running from install.

I've tried USB install of all images from 15-18 and installed drivers with and without turbo connected on my duo original. Still it does not work now.
 
I have tried this twice yesterday and it does not work on your images. BH it's running from install.

I've tried USB install of all images from 15-18 and installed drivers with and without turbo connected on my duo original. Still it does not work now.
 
So, I'm now on BH image that work with turbo box but I want vix. Think it is a driver issue. Which I think needs addressing a.s.a.p as it's no good that BH image has it on auto installed so you can get it working after installing the image.
 
mine is working, just need to find the right settings.
 
I doubt any of the beta testers even have a turbo on which to test. The reason it just works in BH is because BH is based directly on the official Vu+ factory image.
 
They should be able to tell something from looking at the log. Surely the last few entries in the log will indicate the point where to start looking? Who created the driver? He must be able to tell what's going on here. Give me the drivers I'll test them?

< 113.359430> [eDVBAudio0] destroy
< 113.360835> [eDVBText0] DEMUX_STOP ok
< 113.364762> [eDVBText0] destroy
< 113.369761> [eDVBResourceManager] start release channel timer getResolvedKey config.usage.remote_fallback failed !! (Typo??)
< 113.410446> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 113.414464> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 113.418377> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift RemovePopup, id = ZapError
< 113.429809> [eDVBLocalTimerHandler] remove channel 0x1172d18
< 113.431804> [eEPGCache] remove channel 0x1172d18
< 113.433391> [eEPGCache] abort caching events !!
< 113.444408> [eDVBResourceManager] allocate channel.. 03ea:2174
< 113.446209> [eDVBFrontend] opening frontend 2
< 116.630796> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
 
I switched over to the Open Black Hole image and it works perfectly without even having to install any drivers. Flashed it on, copied across my TV bouquets, did a channel zap back and forth a few times and no problems :-)

I didn't realise that the Black Hole image works off the original firmware and OpenVix doesn't but for now I'll stick with Black Hole :-)
 
Black hole and VTI are both directly based on the original Vu+ image as was the early VIX images upto version 2.0. By being based on the Vu OI these images work natively with all drivers and Vu features but in my opinion they lack functionality and features that are only available by the open source images.

Open Blackhole is their attempt to bridge the gap as they tried with their short live black pole image series. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking either BH or VTI as I'm currently using a BH image on my main box but you do have to sacrifice some user functionality and the skins are truly dreadful but that's just my own opinion.
 
I'm still just setting it up but I haven't found myself limited to anything yet? Maybe there's a lot of limitations to a power user but it pretty much has/does everything I need.

The thing is it doesn't matter how good a skin looks if it keeps hanging every time you change a channel. Hopefully they will get the drivers sorted out of some point but for now Open Black Hole is working perfectly. Thanks for your help :-)
 
If your waiting for Vu to sort their crap out and fix the drivers you could be in for a long wait, best thing you can do is pester them with weekly emails in the hope they will eventually do something about it (even better if you have friends who can do the same). There more likely to listen to you a user as opposed to any image team barring BH rite now any way.
 
I've filled in a bug report on the official VU+ website, hopefully they will get this sorted out.

The only problem I have with Blackhole is that the TV Guide isn't as good as the Openvix one. I did try the CoolTVGuide plugin but that's not much better either.

Anyway hopefully this will get sorted out soon :thumbsup:


EDIT: Looks like theres a bug on there bug report webpage? The submit button doesn't do anything so I've posted on there Facebook page :cool:
 
Last edited:
Do you have any other USB tuners or anything else accessing the USB ports, in your Log it says it is polling frontend2, it is usually frontend0 if no other USB tuners are installed I'm sure, other than that I'm not sure, all I can say is I no longer use USB tuners from anybody other than Sundtek, I've had many problems with other brands, I had a problem with a sundtek sat tuner and they hounded the chip manufacturers till they rewrote the driver and kept me in the loop the entire time, you won't get that from VU+ or DvbSky.
 
I've got to admit, I've used this tuner for freeview HD on Duo2, had zero issues with it.

Well there's plenty of people here posting with problems with the Turbo Tuner. In fact someone else posted up saying they had the same problem and there log is the same as mine.

As you're one of the Team Leaders you should know that your comparing apples and oranges by saying it worked for you on a VU+ Duo. Firstly that's a different box, secondly you where using a different image. Even if it was the same box you where using a different image. Bugs do happen and can easily break what may have been working at one point.

Has anyone on the Team looked at the log? I thought by posting it here someone would look at it? What's the point of the logs?

I'd also like to say you do a fantastic job and so do all of the OpenVix team :thumbsup:
 
Do you have any other USB tuners or anything else accessing the USB ports, in your Log it says it is polling frontend2, it is usually frontend0 if no other USB tuners are installed I'm sure, other than that I'm not sure, all I can say is I no longer use USB tuners from anybody other than Sundtek, I've had many problems with other brands, I had a problem with a sundtek sat tuner and they hounded the chip manufacturers till they rewrote the driver and kept me in the loop the entire time, you won't get that from VU+ or DvbSky.

I have no other USB devices connected to the VU+. I'll try the other USB port just in case.

I originally bought a cheap USB Tuner off ebay and that didn't work so I then bought a Hauppauge Ministick 2 but no matter what drivers I installed it wouldn't work. So it came down to the VU+ Turbo Tuner and the Sundtek Tuner and I went with the VU+ Tuner as it was an official tuner that I thought would work and always be supported. Now I find out it's not fully supported.

I may have to pick up one of those Sundtek Tuner's you've got. Thanks for all your input and ideas :)
 
Anyone know where I can download a copy of the dvd-usb-turbo (1.0-r1) driver from? I tested with OpenATV and that driver is working. Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top