Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Two DVB-T tuners not working

  • Thread starter Thread starter acinfo64
  • Start date Start date
A

acinfo64

Guest
Dear all,

I bought a AVERMEDIA AVerTV HD Volar A867R DVB-T stick. Installed the driver. Then I could search and watch the DVB-T channels.

After that I bought a second one (exactly the same). Inserted that then something strange happens.

- The stick is recognized as the 4e tuner. That's what I expect (max of 4 tuners).
- I can change the settings of both sticks in the tuner setup.
- In manual search I can choose both stick and search.

That's ok but:

- With one stick I can see the channels. Inserting the second one and channels become black and none can be received. Removing the second one, the channels come back.
- In the automatic search only stick one is recognized the second not (although in manual search it's present)
- Searching with two sticks the VU+ will not find any channels on both sticks (and it takes very long).

Is there a solution for this?
 
I understand that Vu+Duo has two internal DVB-S tuners inserted, A and B.
If two DVB-T-USB sticks are used as additional tuners, they will be C and D. But the receiver can manage only three tuners, one of these four must be deactivated. I have experienced this in practice.
 
Thank you very much for your answer. Just to get a clear picture.

1) I can remember that I saw somewhere that it supported 4 tuners. Can you confirm that it's definitely 3 tuners max for the DUO?

2) Is the 3 tuners something restricted by Enigma2, OpenVIX or by the hardware of the VU+ Duo? Because it's 2 USB tuners (not HW tuner inside) I cannot think of a HW restriction.

3) Am I mistaking with another VU+ which support 4 tuners? Is there a VU+ which supports 4 tuners?

4) With which VU+ can I get 2 DVB-T tuners?

With kind regards
 
The DUO is not limited to 3 tuners.
There has been a limitation like that (not sure if it was 3 though), but that has been fixed in the drivers ages ago.
 
I have experienced the limitation of three tuners before but I have had no need to test that lately. Some might say it was ages ago. Glad to hear that the new drivers have fixed that.
 
As per my signature block, I've been using a vuduo for several years with two vtuners. In my case they are dual dvb-t tuners contained in a single usb device... the Avermedia Twinstar (A825) based on the AF9035 chipset. I also use cacheflush to regularly reclaim memory. Prior to using cacheflush, the Vuduo would become unstable after a little while... it has been suggested to me that the vtuner implementation (Vu+ firmware) has memory leaks and currently cacheflush is the only way to combat this.
 
Ok as far a I can see it should work with two vtuners. How can I figure out why it's not working? Is it a VU+ FW, enigma2, user, driver (and which driver)..... problem?

How often will you do a cacheflush and how? Is it seen while viewing?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top