Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Unable to access box with DreamboxEdit or any other ftp client

  • Thread starter Thread starter W1deBoy
  • Start date Start date
W

W1deBoy

Guest
Hi.
I want to log in to my stb using DreamboxEdit to update my bouquets but am getting the error "Could not login to Dreambox. Check username and password."
So I logged in with telnet and the username/password work just fine.
I also tried to log in with ftp (from command line) and FileZilla but both get the response:
"Response: 530 Login incorrect."
This is completely consistent I can always log in with telnet but not ftp.

As the stb has my custom bouquets I am pretty sure this used to work.

I have also tried to update to Apollo.147 but had exactly the same problem (and didn't like the update so restored Apollo.073)

Any suggestions?
 
Something in your image / backup is likely corrupted. Try a fresh flash to be sure. Any particular reason you choose to use a very old image ?.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for the prompt reply :)

As I said in my post - I was happy with 073 and didn't like 147 much and so reverted.

I take your point about some kind of corruption - I'll try again with the latest image and no restore
 
Thanks for the prompt reply :)

As I said in my post - I was happy with 073 and didn't like 147 much and so reverted.

I take your point about some kind of corruption - I'll try again with the latest image and no restore


What in build 147 did you dislike so much ?, I am not questioning you and you of course can use what ever image or build you want to I am just curious.
 
yes the 147 build is fine im sure theres just posetives for you to update to 147 build rather than been on a much older build
 
Thanks for the help phoenix. It seems that restoring the settings was screwing up the ftp login somehow.
Reflashed with Apollo.152 (no restore) and can now ftp OK
FYI - I don't like the clunky default infobar and managed to set up 073 how I liked it but haven't managed to do the same with 152
Functionally it seems great

[ISSUE CLOSED]
 
Thanks for the help phoenix. It seems that restoring the settings was screwing up the ftp login somehow.
Reflashed with Apollo.152 (no restore) and can now ftp OK
FYI - I don't like the clunky default infobar and managed to set up 073 how I liked it but haven't managed to do the same with 152
Functionally it seems great

[ISSUE CLOSED]
Try some different skins. There are lots with different infobars. I prefer youvix-blue 1080 skin but it's entirely subjective. Vix magichd night is also good.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top