Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Zero4K] Unable to Connect to box from PC

spevs

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
6
Points
18
Hi all, I have just purchased a new Zero4k from Forum Sponsors and deployed the current image via USB, I have created a new password in network set up, enabled Samba, FTP and NFS but for some reason I can't connect to the box from my W10 PC in explorer. I have three other 4K Vu boxes that I am able to connect to with no issues, they are all on the latest build. Perhaps I am having a Blonde moment or because it's Friday. I can ping the box's IP address, I can also see the openwebinf in a browser. I need to connect to the box to install xtreameditor.ipk from the temp folder as I can't get it to install from usb for some reason.

Any help will be greatly appreciated................Spevs
 
I've seen some suggestion that sometimes a password set up via the menus doesn't seem to work.

Try telnet-ing in (or SSH-ing in) and see if you can log in as root with either your password or a blank password.
Once in you can use the passwd command to set a password up and if my theory is right that should work better.
 
after i have the pass set, I use "Dreambox Control Center for Enigma2 (DCC-E2)" to manage the files in all my boxes.
as for channels database, i use Dreamset program.
 
The user - root and the password you set up is for telnet/ssh or FTP access. If you are trying to connect to the box in explorer in W10, then you would be using samba and whatever user/password you set up for samba shares.
 
Perform these by command line

opkg update
opkg install packagegroup-base-smbfs-server


Post/upload output/result.
 
Hi all, thanks very much for your help. It turned out to be Samba, I can now connect using root as user plus appropriate password.

I've done loads of these in the past but never had this connection issue............Many thanks...........Have a great weekend
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top