B
bartjunited
Guest
I have a Solo SE 2 , i am trying to set up a new HDD which will eventually replace the existing HDD that is connected
Therefore I am trying to initialise and mount it as hdd2 so that I can then move content between the 2 and then remove the original one
thus far I have put the new hdd in a caddy , connected it to a laptop to initialise it in the laptop and formatted as NTFS (priort to this the solo would not even see the new hdd)
when i connect this to the Solo SE it now sees the device in mount manager
how do i initialise it so I can mount it? I believe this needs to be done so that its formatted in ext 4?
when i try to mount it as is the box crashes
help please and also advise if what i have suggested is the best method to transfer content between the 2 hdds
TIA Bart
Therefore I am trying to initialise and mount it as hdd2 so that I can then move content between the 2 and then remove the original one
thus far I have put the new hdd in a caddy , connected it to a laptop to initialise it in the laptop and formatted as NTFS (priort to this the solo would not even see the new hdd)
when i connect this to the Solo SE it now sees the device in mount manager
how do i initialise it so I can mount it? I believe this needs to be done so that its formatted in ext 4?
when i try to mount it as is the box crashes
help please and also advise if what i have suggested is the best method to transfer content between the 2 hdds
TIA Bart
