Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Update Bug!

  • Thread starter Thread starter t.ph
  • Start date Start date
Image Duo Release v 2.1.2.1 - 2011-04-03

Thanks
 
Software Manager doesn't work for me! Generates the following error message:

Some plugins are not available:
SystemPlugins/SoftwareManager (local variable 'image_type' referenced before assignment)
 
Software Manager doesn't work for me! Generates the following error message:

Some plugins are not available:
SystemPlugins/SoftwareManager (local variable 'image_type' referenced before assignment)

telnet in to the box and issue the following commands:

Code:
opkg update
opkg upgrade

Do the first one, wait for it to finish, then run the second line... Once that's done, reboot the box...
 
telnet in to the box and issue the following commands:

Code:
opkg update
opkg upgrade

Do the first one, wait for it to finish, then run the second line... Once that's done, reboot the box...

hi pal can you tell me how to telnet into the box please, im still learning.cheers
 
hi pal can you tell me how to telnet into the box please, im still learning.cheers

Easiest way, download putty:

Code:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Enter your box information in host name/ip adddress (e.g. 192.168.1.10). Ensure port is set to 23, and you have selected Telnet as connection type... This will ask for user/pass. If you have not changed it, then user is root and password is left blank (i.e. just press enter).
 
Tried opkg update & upgrade without success, so I ended up re-installing VIX2.1 & problem solved.
 
Anyone else have problems with nova-t stick? It is unstable. Sometimes pictures just freezes and i have to reboot the box to get it (dvb-t) working again! Anyone else with the same issue?
On 2.0 VIX i rarely got this problem.
 
Last edited:
Hi,
just for info. I did install the ViX2.1 image few days ago (replacing PLi 2.0) and all was working good. Auto setting did restore my saved settings and all was working good. I did software update, all good. Then I changed EPG from ViX to some other and on restart I got looped green screen (I did restart few times before with no problems). The fresh ViX reflash did not helped. Green loop kept going on and on. I did reflash back to Pli and it was working fine. Now, I reflash back to ViX and all was good again.

While Green Screen looping (before I got it running again) I did telnet to ViX and stopped it with init 4. There was crash loogs saing something about EPG so as mentioned somewhere in this thread before, that still might be a problem under some circumstances. I'm not changing the EPG now and all seems be ok.

Cheers
 
Anyone else have problems with nova-t stick? It is unstable. Sometimes pictures just freezes and i have to reboot the box to get it (dvb-t) working again! Anyone else with the same issue?
On 2.0 VIX i rarely got this problem.

Mine's working well. Possibly you have signal strength problems?
 
Mbo, could you please upload crash logs from time u had green screen with box image?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
 
Hi,
unfortunetly it is deleted now, sorry. After Easter I will change the EPG again and see if the crash reapear. If yes, then I will provide the full log.
I was to load factory VuDuo image anyway and the ViX on top of it as I occasionaly experience the unexplained box freezes (no telnet acces and no logs, only power button will restart the box).

Cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top