Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Update receiver by ftp

duoduo

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
2,010
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
North West Seaside
Hi guys

I have downloaded the latest stable release 161 for my zero but unfortunately I haven't access to my laptop to put on a USB.
I always use a ftpprogramme on my phone to access any of my boxes. I have now also got it on my phone, can I just ftpthe zip folder to my zero and then install via remote? If so where do I ftpthe image to please and how to install at that point?

Many thanks
 
Yes, just ftp it to /media/hdd/backup if you have a HDD mounted or /media/usb/backup if using USB.
Then use the image manager to flash it.
Blue button -> ViX -> Image Manager & blue button to restore the image.

You could also use the Image Manager to download the image directly to the box, so no need for FTP.
 
I usually use that last methods judge but it doesn't seem to want to do it for me today.. Thanks for the info though, I will sort it now..
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top