Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Updated to 6.2.010 but still showing updates available

nekrub2

Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
354
Reaction score
5
Points
18
Location
Switzerland
Having installed release 6.2.010 through the update manager I was surprised when I got the message of a an openvix available. When I wanted to see the changes I got an empty screen. Do you have the same experience?
Not urgent and not dangerous - but surprising.

nekrub2
 
Thanks Abu

For the time being I cannot just flash it over because twol made a fix for the mp3browser plugin, converting it from python to python 3. Only when this plugin is in the download store I can flash and restore the settings. Else I would loose the player.
So I have to live with it.
 
Thanks Abu

For the time being I cannot just flash it over because twol made a fix for the mp3browser plugin, converting it from python to python 3. Only when this plugin is in the download store I can flash and restore the settings. Else I would loose the player.
So I have to live with it.
@nekrub2 - will try to sort this over the next week, Covid recovery allowing
 
Hi guys, I am having the same issue, any chance this will be resolved in future Software Updates.........?
 
A software update, for those packages, won't happen. Flashing newer image and restoring settings/plugins is the only way. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Alternatively, you can leave it as it is unless it really annoys you.

root@vuduo4k:~# opkg upgrade
Not selecting libdvdread4 5.0.3 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libdvdnav4 5.0.3 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
root@vuduo4k:~#
 
Last edited:
Ok thanks, I've got three boxes all with the same the same problem, when I do a new flash it can cause issues with Xtream Editor and that's another story.
 
The best thing is to flash and restore.

For those not able to do so, make sure you have a settings backup and be prepared to flash by USB.

Following should work

opkg remove --force-depends libdreamdvd0
opkg remove --force-depends libdvdnav4
opkg remove --force-depends libdvdread4
opkg update
opkg install libdreamdvd0

Once againm, the best thing is to flash and restore.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top