Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] Upgrade 3.2 to 4.1 advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter myromeo
  • Start date Start date
M

myromeo

Guest
Hello,

I'm trying to update my Vu+Solo SE v2 from 3.2 build 037 to 4.1 build 001, via Image Manager I am able to download the image but when selecting restore it does a backup, 'prepares' the restore then returns to the image manager and has added a new image called imagerestore. It will not install so I think I need to do a USB flash?

Before I do this I want to ask a couple of questions,

1 - will my softcam settings restore from a 3.2 settings backup? I know no advice on these, just a yes or no if you can?
2 - will my timer and autotimer entries restore ok? My wife would go mad if she lost her precious timers!

If both above are a yes i'll crack on with a usb install and restore settings. I'll sort my plugins manually as I only use a couple and have them stored locally.

Thank you in advance!
 
Hello,

I'm trying to update my Vu+Solo SE v2 from 3.2 build 037 to 4.1 build 001, via Image Manager I am able to download the image but when selecting restore it does a backup, 'prepares' the restore then returns to the image manager and has added a new image called imagerestore. It will not install so I think I need to do a USB flash?
Correct. There was a bug in the Image manager in 037. A USB flash should be OK.
 
No 4.0 requires a fresh install you can't use settings restore from 3.2 to 4.0 once you have set-up then you can do a settings backup for future 4.0 images
 
No 4.0 requires a fresh install you can't use settings restore from 3.2 to 4.0 once you have set-up then you can do a settings backup for future 4.0 images

will I lose my timers? That would be a real pain to reprogram!
 
I'm not sure if thers a way to ftp them to computer then send them back if not then you will if your happy with the image you have ask yourself if you want to update.
I know updates are done for a reason but most of the time you won't notice the difference
 
If you are familiar with ftp then you could save your timers/autotimers files to your pc then upon completing your fresh install you can then copy the timers/autotimers file back on to your receiver.
I'm out at the mo so can't give you the specific path unless someone else can or I can take a look later this evening n post that later for ya.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If you are familiar with ftp then you could save your timers/autotimers files to your pc then upon completing your fresh install you can then copy the timers/autotimers file back on to your receiver.
I'm out at the mo so can't give you the specific path unless someone else can or I can take a look later this evening n post that later for ya.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I'm quite happy with ftp so that's an option for sure! I'll have to remind myself on how to install my other things too. I've had a couple of issues with 3.2 that make it worth updating, main one being occasionally the recordings list will hang and black screen the receiver. Only fix so far has been to delete the recording that causes the hang via ftp, not ideal so I'm hoping this is fixed by a clean install.
 
well, i thought settings restore worked... only plugins restore didn't.
 
Softcam & timer settings will restore fine.
 
Softcam & timer settings will restore fine.

Brilliant, thanks for that. Job for this evening, once the tiny person is off to bed as there will be trouble if it interrupts in the night garden! *yawn*
 
For the update to 4.0 you can't do a plugin restore, so you might wish to know what you have added in the past, so you can do the same in the future.
 
Well I tried and I failed. Tried two different usb sticks, it seems to start, light flashes as described but it doesn't update. Even leaving for 10+ minutes if I reboot it's still old image.

Any ideas?
 
Well I tried and I failed. Tried two different usb sticks, it seems to start, light flashes as described but it doesn't update. Even leaving for 10+ minutes if I reboot it's still old image.

Any ideas?

Couch flash. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager. Within Image Manager press the yellow button (downloads) Highlight the latest image (ViX 4.1-001) and press the green button. After a few minutes when the download is completed, press the red button to close the downloads window and the image you have just downloaded should now be listed. Just highlight it and press the blue button to restore!
 
Couch flash. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager. Within Image Manager press the yellow button (downloads) Highlight the latest image (ViX 4.1-001) and press the green button. After a few minutes when the download is completed, press the red button to close the downloads window and the image you have just downloaded should now be listed. Just highlight it and press the blue button to restore!

That doesn't work on 3.2 build 37... As discussed already.
 
But its image manager that doesn't work in 037...

I think I've figured it out anyway, I formatted the usb on my Mac which defaults to guid not mbr... Job for later!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top