Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Upgrade time

  • Thread starter Thread starter capin
  • Start date Start date
C

capin

Guest
Hi all,

I've been a long time user of the TM500 super but I think it is about time that I upgraded to an Enigma 2 capable box which I will be using on a fixed dish to 28.2E.

I'm reasonably technical and work as a Unix/Network/SAN administrator so am happy with most stuff. I work and live in Ireland but am over here in London with the folks for Christmas so I am keen to try and get my new receiver delivered before I head back.

I've got a budget of about £300 and am leaning towards one of the Vu+ boxes. The thing is that there is so many! I am thinking of a Solo2, Is that a good choice? Is there anything else that beats it for similar money? What can the Duo2 do that the Solo2 can't please? I'd do more research myself but I am under a bit of time pressure.

Thanks,

Capin
 
The Solo2 is a great box.
As you will be using it in Ireland, do you have access to a TV aerial?
If so, I'd go for the Duo2 or GBQuad with extra DVB-T tuner.
You can also use an external USB DVB tuner in the Solo2, but the option for internal should just work better.
If you have no need for Saorview, go for the Solo2, it won't let you down...

The site soponsor should be able to sort you out pretty fast.
 
Thanks judge, Thats really useful.

Does anyone know if world-of-satellite is open? Tried calling and keep getting voicemail.

The Solo2 is a great box.
As you will be using it in Ireland, do you have access to a TV aerial?
If so, I'd go for the Duo2 or GBQuad with extra DVB-T tuner.
You can also use an external USB DVB tuner in the Solo2, but the option for internal should just work better.
If you have no need for Saorview, go for the Solo2, it won't let you down...

The site soponsor should be able to sort you out pretty fast.
 
Vu+ Solo2 just ordered from World-of-satellite. Should be with me tomorrow. I still need to try and get CCcam 2.3.0 onto my Dad's technomate though.

Thanks judge, Thats really useful.

Does anyone know if world-of-satellite is open? Tried calling and keep getting voicemail.
 
Vu+ Solo2 just ordered from World-of-satellite. Should be with me tomorrow. I still need to try and get CCcam 2.3.0 onto my Dad's technomate though.

What TM box is it & what image does it run?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top