Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Upgrade vix image

  • Thread starter Thread starter rasp
  • Start date Start date
R

rasp

Guest
I have tried to do online update:

I have 125 and tried to update 126 the first time it done it and rebooted but still on 125.

Second time i tried it just hung after 20 min powered off then back on.

Same thing happened before on 116 and i done a factory reset and reloaded image.

I can do a few online updates and after that things start hanging again.
 
I have tried to do online update:

I have 125 and tried to update 126 the first time it done it and rebooted but still on 125.

Second time i tried it just hung after 20 min powered off then back on.

Same thing happened before on 116 and i done a factory reset and reloaded image.

I can do a few online updates and after that things start hanging again.

I think there was a problem with build 127 failing to build a couple of times. If build 126 is on the download site www.openvix.co.uk you could download it directly with the image manager and couch flash it, using a settings backup from your current image to restore plugins and settings etc.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
My point is i would like to why it happens i know how to upgrade via image manager etc.

When it happens i check to see if there problems with the image and cant find any.
 
My point is i would like to why it happens i know how to upgrade via image manager etc.

When it happens i check to see if there problems with the image and cant find any.

Because at the time you were updating your receiver the feeds for build 127 were being uploaded to the server, this is what caused the error. It's nothing to worry about however as you should have had your backups to restore to if needed.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
Upgraded to 127 last night no problems flew through it.

Just one question it is worth keeping old backups and images where are they stored HDD or internally
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Upgraded to 127 last night no problems flew through it.

Just one question it is worth keeping old backups and images where are they stored HDD or internally

Just keep as many as you think you need, but yes I would say it is a good idea to keep at least one image backup and one settings backup just incase. by default they are stored to /media/hdd/imagebackups/ for images and backups for settings backups (I think I got that path rite but I could be wrong as I am not near a receiver to check). You can however press the menu button while in the image manager or backup manager to manually change the path to a USB stick etc.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top