Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Upgrades backups don't use Backup manage confguration option

birdman

Moderator
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
8,597
Reaction score
117
Points
63
Location
Hitchin, UK
In the Backup Manager I have configured backups to go to /media/hdd (so actually to /media/hdd/backup).

I also have the Software Update configured to do an automatic backup. However, these backups go to /media/usb/backup (and have created the backup directory to do so).
 
Apollo is ViX v4.0 I believe.
Seems that I've been mis-reading prompts then. And until now no-one has noticed.

This is for Apollo.096, but it's not a new phenomenon.
Yesterday I reverted to 090 to test something unrelated, and when I was asked about restoring things it gave me a long list. Which was odd, as I'd just trimmed the Backup Manager list down to two. So I went looking and found that the nightly backups and "manual" ones were going to one location, with Software Update going to another. And I think that an image restore list the union of the two.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top