Hi,
I have a Vu duo 4k receiver running OpenVix 6.6.013. I also have a UPnP Media server at home which I run using Media Monkey whic is great software. For all of my device (Phone, TV, Laptop) I can connect to the server no problem and stream music.
I have managed to mount the media server as a network share (as well as other samba shares I have running on a linux machine) and I can see the shares on my network. But whenever I try to use the file browser it goes incredibly slow and crashes without me being able to browse any files. I also have a VU Solo2 running a blackhole image which I have manged to stream some content over a samb share but again it buffered a lot as the connection was slow. I know there are no issues on my home network with speed as other devices work well over wifi and both by VU boxes have a network cable.
Every time I google this I see old posts on the subject (like 10yr old plus).
This seems like something that is mature tech and it should work failrly easily. Is there a good reliable plugin for Vix/Enigma 2 boxes which would help, or am I missing something. I'd even consider buin a different receiver if it meant I could access my media monkey server via UPnP.
Any suggestion please?
Thanks
Dan
I have a Vu duo 4k receiver running OpenVix 6.6.013. I also have a UPnP Media server at home which I run using Media Monkey whic is great software. For all of my device (Phone, TV, Laptop) I can connect to the server no problem and stream music.
I have managed to mount the media server as a network share (as well as other samba shares I have running on a linux machine) and I can see the shares on my network. But whenever I try to use the file browser it goes incredibly slow and crashes without me being able to browse any files. I also have a VU Solo2 running a blackhole image which I have manged to stream some content over a samb share but again it buffered a lot as the connection was slow. I know there are no issues on my home network with speed as other devices work well over wifi and both by VU boxes have a network cable.
Every time I google this I see old posts on the subject (like 10yr old plus).
This seems like something that is mature tech and it should work failrly easily. Is there a good reliable plugin for Vix/Enigma 2 boxes which would help, or am I missing something. I'd even consider buin a different receiver if it meant I could access my media monkey server via UPnP.
Any suggestion please?
Thanks
Dan