Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

USB stick - out of memory

bobonthejob

V.I.P
Joined
Mar 23, 2010
Messages
1,357
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Hey all...

Ive got a 512MB memory stick in the back of the VU Duo.

Ive got VIX 1.2. installed... and have formatted the memory stick and is now mounted on /media/usb

I created a 64MB swap file on it using the swap manager...which is active and working.

In theory i still should have atleast 350MB left on the stick.

I have got CrossEPG saving data on to it...so thats not massive.

I am now trying to copy over my picons over but winscp keeps saying that there is no space left on the device.

I have SSH'd in to the box and done a df which shows only 19% used.

root@bm750:~# df -m
Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 118 47 71 40% /
udev 2 0 2 1% /dev
/dev/sda1 37987 1653 36334 4% /media/hdd
/dev/mtdblock2 4 0 4 9% /boot
tmpfs 69 0 69 0% /var
tmpfs 69 0 69 0% /tmp
tmpfs 69 0 69 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sdb1 489 92 397 19% /media/usb

Any idea why id be having this issue? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
 
Can you try using a different ftp program? filezilla or something?
 
K just tried...and no luck....

Still says no space left on device...Anything else? it is very strange.
 
what about if you telnet in to the device and type "mount". Should give you a list of all mounts... Is the /media/usb one read only or something?!

Another option you could try, is to try copying a file over to it in telnet... See if that copies ok?
 
Bigger USB has resolved it.,.,...but strange.,....unless certain space is held behind...
 
I was gonna say use a bigger USB stick but didn't want to sound cheeky :D
 
why you cheakey bugger.... lol...

Actually i had that coming... :D

Ive got many USB sticks...didnt know where they were. Found now... Woooohoooo
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top