Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] USB to Ethernet adapter

divil_a_bit

New member
Joined
Jan 28, 2014
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I would like to buy something like this for my GB Quad+
http://www.freetv.ie/usb-to-ethernet-adapter/

I've searched the sponsors site and I can't find something like this.
Does OpenVix support this adapter?


As a side note:
I need to do this because I believe there is a h/w issue with the ethernet adapter on my GB Quad+ (seeing lots of rxErrors on the interface).
I have 2 GB Quad+ boxes and one of them is constantly getting rxErrors. Even if I swap the boxes and cables around, always getting rxErrors on one box only)
 
I've seen these on Gigablue.de ,their home page. I wonder can you replace, the actual port?you could on old clone boxes, universal connector & a few screws, no soldering required, just plug in to motherboard
 
Thanks
These are USB so I doubt I'll be able to replace the adapter on the board

Anyone know if there's a driver available or can recommend a USB to Ethernet adapter?
 
Code:
https://uk.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_15035.html?wid=25&currency=GBP&vip=1948687&gclid=CjwKCAjwgvfOBRB7EiwAeP7ehsPywgfpSYfM4FOIj8SZ0XQrefhzyfOfKmYJgeW37YFN0mmwSem8lxoCW7QQAvD_BwE
claims to run on Linux.
It's USB2 (but does the QUAD+ have any USB3 ports?).
 
Even if there's a linux driver, it's unlikely to be mips

Does anyone know of a USB to Ethernet adapter that will work with OpenVix?
 
Even if there's a linux driver, it's unlikely to be mips
Probably not a device-specifc driver. I'd expect the generic USB driver to be able to handle Ethernet.
I know, for instance, that plugging my phone in to a Linux box and enabling tethering on the phone makes it show up as a working Ethernet device on the Linux box. (This works on MSWindows too, but that leaves Windows thinking it has an unmetered device - only Wifi can be marked as metered - and hence it can download updates with impunity).

EDIT: Although a translation of that first comment (in Russian) implies that a driver might be needed.
 
Last edited:
EDIT: Although a translation of that first comment (in Russian) implies that a driver might be needed.
It needs the usbnet kernel module (plus cdc_ether and rndis_host), which isn't build for ViX kernels.
 
Thanks birdman
So it looks like the Enigma2 kernel isn't going to support it.
I'd need to be able to build my own driver from source and then insmod.

That's a pity really as I'm not going to that effort.

I've tried a WiFi USB dongle as well but Wifi wasn't good enough - too slow compared to wired ethernet
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top