Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

uShare and VU+ app questions...

  • Thread starter Thread starter dogboy
  • Start date Start date
D

dogboy

Guest
Hi folks,

Just wondering if you can help me with a query I've got...

First up, streaming live TV from my Solo2 [on VIX 649] to iPhone/iPad VU+ app, this is OK on the local network, but a bit shabby though NO-IP over the internet, with 3MB fibre upload. Is there any additional transcoding settings I should be exploring? at the moment it is kind of unusable.

Secondly, I was hoping to stream via DLNA from my Solo2 any recordings we had to another DLNA compatible TV in our house. I have setup and configured miniDLNA as well as uShare on the Solo2, and pointed them at the relevant folder on my NAS [where the recordings are stored]. However when I bring up either source [uShare or DLNA] no files are showing? Am I being daft or is there a sensible explanation for what is going on... The files are all .TS files, I wondered if the uShare/miniDLNA services were for sharing folders of AVI/MPG/MKVs rather than actual recordings.

Many thanks in advance,

Nick
 
Hi folks,

No responses at all...? Maybe there's a guide on uShare config someone can point me to, I've had a good look around but can't find much :(

Any help much appreciated!

Nick
 
Hi,
up to now no additional settings for transcoding on Solo2. Sorry. For a smart phone it is quite OK. For my 7´´ tablet it´s it is hardly OK.

Perhaps the DUO2 will have better options here. If you are able to have a running PC in you network you can look for Muuta which is a transcoding server and ther should be some options.

ciao
 
Hi folks,
Secondly, I was hoping to stream via DLNA from my Solo2 any recordings we had to another DLNA compatible TV in our house. I have setup and configured miniDLNA as well as uShare on the Solo2, and pointed them at the relevant folder on my NAS [where the recordings are stored]. However when I bring up either source [uShare or DLNA] no files are showing? Am I being daft or is there a sensible explanation for what is going on... The files are all .TS files, I wondered if the uShare/miniDLNA services were for sharing folders of AVI/MPG/MKVs rather than actual recordings.

My experience with dlna client on tv, is that it depends on tv client rather than server.
I use the local disk on my ET9000 for recordings, and had setup minidlna on it to serve out .ts files to a Panasonic TV.
All recordings are visible, but only a few will play. It seems to be down to something in the tv channel recorded.
ie: all or no recordings play for specific channels, and its not specific to sd or hd.
Have removed it since, and just use a media player of 2nd stb box to play recordings.
 
thanks for all the replies guys...

I've logged onto the uShare web page and it logs 72 files, so I guess uShare is working, it's just the DLNA clients [Samsung Smart TV and Panasonic Viera] don't recognise the TS files as video files...

Is there a DLNA host which does allow viewing of the TS files? I used to use a Humax Fox HDR and the files were named using the same filenames, but used to show up on both sets [and play fine]... weird eh?

Thanks for the info so far, I'll keep plugging away...

Nick
 
I use a WDLIve media player with alternate firmware to get nfs support.
plays all my recordings when used as either nfs and dlna client.
 
Hi folks,

Just wondering if you can help me with a query I've got...

First up, streaming live TV from my Solo2 [on VIX 649] to iPhone/iPad VU+ app, this is OK on the local network, but a bit shabby though NO-IP over the internet, with 3MB fibre upload. Is there any additional transcoding settings I should be exploring? at the moment it is kind of unusable.


Nick

I have 4.75MB up and its unwatchable over the wan, buffers every couple of seconds.
 
Hi U2,
do you have enabled transcoding on the Solo2 and are you using the correct Port (8002). With enabled transcoding the Solo2 only sends less then 1MBit/sec.

ciao
 
hmmm, maybe I'm being daft here, is there no enigma2 plugin which can [via DLNA] stream the files as M3U rather than TS files... I'm sensing the issue is that neither TV set wants to view the TS files, despite having seen this working using the FOX-HDR [they were still TS files].

Am I being daft, I thought this would have been pretty straight forward, record on the Vu+ and then stream to other TVs... maybe I'm being a tit. How does everyone else do it?

Re: WAN based streaming to iPhone, it's a total no-go, the app just crashes or doesn't playback very well. Fine over LAN though... I have transcoding installed.

Thanks for the help though folks, I thought this one would be easy. I've looked briefly at UPNP and djmount on the forums, is this a sensible approach? I have to pick my moments wisely as I fight for control of the telly from both the missus and the sprogs... nothing worse than watching your old man break your telly :)
 
Hi,
m3u files where not streamed they are only playlists streamed will be still TS files. Most TV sets are simply to stupid to handle real TS files because they contain packets which contain additional information like EPG, tele text, subtitles or HbbTV.

You still can try the mediatomb I already mentioned and if you are prepared to spend some money you can try TwonkyMedia (there should be a Trial version).

ciao
 
I've also been through the DLNA pain. While DLNA is a protocol there are many containers and codecs and bitrates used so compatability is not guaranteed. All of my DLNA TVs support the .TS container but it's what is inside that container that really counts.

I have tried both uShare and MiniDLNA with 3 different TVs (Sony, Panasonic & Samsung). With each of the combinations you can browse the recordings but not all of them play.
For me I had the most sucess with MiniDLNA and the Samsung ES8000 which works with all recordings.
The Sony and Panasonic only played 5-10% of the recordings in SD only.

I believe the problem is on the TV side, so I would check for TV firmware update, I use a combination of mediastreamer (Popcorn Hour) and/or 2nd E2 satellite box to stream my recordings around the house in HD.
 
it's so weird, though... neither of my TVs see any files at all... let alone be unable to play them. Very strange indeed! VLC saw them fine
using uShare... no joy as yet with miniDLNA though...

Hacking my way around it by using Plex to host recordings, but it aint as pretty as a straight DLNA setup like the old Humaxes have.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top