Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mega] VFD Display and Transcoding

sigpark

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
310
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Dream Team ViX

I have just purchased the mighty OS Mega from WOS - delivered yesterday! I have a VU+ Solo2 from WOS also. I see @Sicilian use the OS Mega as a "Test Box"

Anyway I have two questions

1. The VFD is 12 segments (according to spec) just like the Vu+ Solo2, but only EIGHT are displaying for the Channel or the date which is displayed in standby - I don't believe this is a settings issue - is it a driver or buried deep in ViX?

2. I can't find "Transcode" setup in the menu or plugins? Normally Transcode features in the plugin menu? Am I doing something wrong? I know there are usually limits to transcoding and PIP, but the OS Mega has plenty of horsepower?

Thanks
 
I realise it has been a holiday weekend, nevertheless as a WOS customer I should have thought someone on the team would have offered a little help?

I have re-flashed the OSMEGA with latest ViX and I see 11 characters "reimage 2/3" during this process - but only for those few seconds; I have also tried OPENATV (manufactures OS, but mostly Deutsch), and apart from some garbled display characters I seem to see the same issue - SO, either I have a "dud" from WOS OR there is a driver issue? Please advise folks - I think it only fair I get an answer on a new item? thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top