Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt HD2400] Virgin EPG not populating.

PhilipM3

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Points
0
The Virgin Media EPG no longer gets populated by leaving it tuned to either the "Virgin Media Previews" or the "PVR-EPG" channels.
It stopped working about last weekend I think.
Has the channel that you need to leave it tuned into changed?

EPG-Importer works to an extent but does not do all Virgin channels.

Any help much appreciated.
 
It is still populating. Delete the epg cache, delete your channels, rescan and try again manually. Do NOT use EPG Refresh while testing.

EPG importer does provide for almost all the channels. You have to enable the relevant categories.

Any new/missing/incorrect details should be reported at the PLI forum. Be sure to read teh stick thread. Post the actual references instead of attaching a screenshot. This is to make it easier for him and there is less chance of error.s
 
It is still populating. Delete the epg cache, delete your channels, rescan and try again manually. Do NOT use EPG Refresh while testing.

EPG importer does provide for almost all the channels. You have to enable the relevant categories.

Any new/missing/incorrect details should be reported at the PLI forum. Be sure to read teh stick thread. Post the actual references instead of attaching a screenshot. This is to make it easier for him and there is less chance of error.s

Hi thanks for the reply.
- How do I delete the epg cache?
- How do I delete the channels? Do you mean all channels and Bouquets? Would running ABM and not keeping previous channels suffice?
 
Googled my first question. Delete epg cache by going Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete -> Delete EPG -> yes
 
You can do it that way, but also

Channel up> Green (satellites/extended) > Highlight cable services > Menu > Remove cable services
 
I actually did the dsayers way using Putty. Scary - absolutely no channels - to be expected of course but included a couple of DIY bouquets I like to keep when I run ABM. I then imported a settings backup I had done so I can make a note of them first.
Abu - looks much the easier way.
So I will,
1. Make a note of my DIY bouquets
2. Delete EPG cache
3. Delete all channels
4. Run ABM
5. Run Crosspeg for Sat epg channels
6. Tune to Virgin Media Previews for cable epg channels.
Will likely do this tomorrow. Thanks for the guidance. Will report back.
I will also check EPG-Importer again re missing data and report any.
 
You do not need to delete bouquets. Just remove the services as my above post above and rescan using ABM. Zap/select/view "Previews & store" for two minutes. Check EPG has populated
 
Update: Not there yet. I just did this at about Midday Sat the 27th July:

1. Deleted EPG cache by going Menu -> Setup -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete -> Delete EPG -> yes (note EPG wasn't in System)
2. Deleted "cable services" by going Channel up> Green (satellites/extended) > Highlight cable services > Menu > Remove cable services
3. Ran ABM after updating config files.
4. Tuned to "Previews & store" channel, in the Entertainment Bouquet, and left it there for 20 minutes.

The result:
- Patching populating of epg. One channel can have epg data for say Tuesday but Monday only 50% full. Some channels nothing at all.
- No channels have epg data beyond 4.00am on Wednesday. It is like what was a 5 day epg is now at best 4 days.
- Not sure I didn't get these problems after couch updating to OpenVix 5.1.030 but could well be wrong about that, it is hard to recall when I first noticed this epg problem.

More help needed. Should I have restarted the box at any stage? Should I update to latest OpenVix? Maybe my local VM epg data is itself patchy?
 
OK. Disable Virgin EPG and use EPG importer. State which providers you have enabled. Which channel have no EPG and someone can assist
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top