Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Vix 0.54 ftp password??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Code2006
  • Start date Start date
C

Code2006

Guest
Hi I had this problem before when I flashed to 0.4x can't remember the number now
I'm trying to ftp to my box but it says incorrect password
I tried root and admin as user name and left password blank also tried password
Is there a password on the new updates?
At the moment I'm trying to ftp away from home using dyndns as my ip which should still work ?
Thanks alex
 
There is no default password set.
Have you also portforwaded 21 for FTP access? Not the best of ideas by the way...
 
i think your ip is wrong so it cannot connect.
 
Maybe you were using a Static IP previously? Updating to 54, you may have DHCP enabled and possibly a different IP on your reciever?

In which case you maybe forwarding the port to the incorrect IP.

I hope that helps.
 
I had a similar issue. Just change your password to something else by ftp and passwd and enter your new password. I could not access with root and no password.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
For accessing with ftp I think you should use username 'root' and password also 'root'. Has been working with me using different images.
 
I had a similar issue. Just change your password to something else by ftp and passwd and enter your new password. I could not access with root and no password.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you change password?
I have always disabled dhcp and issued the box with a static ip and linked it with the router and forwared the ports with that ip
I tried password, passwd still nothing
 
How do you change password?
I have always disabled dhcp and issued the box with a static ip and linked it with the router and forwared the ports with that ip
I tried password, passwd still nothing

What exactly are you using to connect to the receiver ?, a dedicated FTP program ? If so which one ?. The reason I ask is because some programmes will not allow you to connect with a empty password field even if there is no password set. Also where did you get the image from ?. Was it a clean ViX image from here or one of the so called lazy mans backup images as they tend to have passwords set by those who release them.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
What exactly are you using to connect to the receiver ?, a dedicated FTP program ? If so which one ?. The reason I ask is because some programmes will not allow you to connect with a empty password field even if there is no password set. Also where did you get the image from ?. Was it a clean ViX image from here or one of the so called lazy mans backup images as they tend to have passwords set by those who release them.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
I'm using flashFXP
Got the image from the vix website and updated via usb
Thanks
 
I'm using flashFXP
Got the image from the vix website and updated via usb
Thanks

I use FlashFXP as well and if memory serves you do need to enter a password in the password field even if one is not set, any password will do as long as one is entered. To set a new default password you need to start a telnet session and issue the passwd command which will prompt you to set a password.

What are you using to connect to the receiver via FTP ?.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
Vu solo 2 connected to router via Ethernet
Laptop connected to router via wifi
 
Vu solo 2 connected to router via Ethernet
Laptop connected to router via wifi

No I meant what program ?, for example I use the default telnet client in windows 7 (once it has been activated as Microsoft disable it by default).


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
I don't know how to do that

Well that's the only way you can set the FTP password with a telnet session. You can use DCC but I am not familiar with that.

What operating system do you use ?, if windows you can easily use the default inbuilt windows telnet client and I'll talk you through it.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
Code:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/910.windows-7-enabling-telnet-client.aspx

Theses are the instructions on how to activate telnet in windows 7


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
I'm not expert on this having had my Gigablue Quad Plus for a couple of weeks but said I'd give FTP a go & see if I could get it working.

I used a program called WinSCP.
You can get it here or do a google search & its the first in the list.
http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

I entered file protocol as ftp.
Encryption as no encryption.
Host Name as the Ip address of my box 192.168.1.***
Port no as 21.
User name as root.
Password as root.
Click on login.
Enter your password as root.
It worked fine & i got straight in.

Hope this helps.
 
@Code2006 If I were you, I'd seriously be reconsidering what you're trying to do.
You currently have a load of ports open & forwarded, just asking to be hacked.
And, no, I didn't do anything but you can be sure some script will find it soon and enjoy all sorts of access.

Screenshot from 2014-10-14 17:10:41.webp

Just as an example, your CCcam server is currently open to anyone.
Also, hope you changed the default username & password on your router as these can easily be found on many sites.
 
@Code2006 If I were you, I'd seriously be reconsidering what you're trying to do.
You currently have a load of ports open & forwarded, just asking to be hacked.
And, no, I didn't do anything but you can be sure some script will find it soon and enjoy all sorts of access.

View attachment 37752


Just as an example, your CCcam server is currently open to anyone.
Also, hope you changed the default username & password on your router as these can easily be found on many sites.

Surely that ain't mine as I haven't opened 12000 16000 16001
Yes router pass changed :)
Thinking of setting up vpn on my box
 
I have windows 7
Can anyone access my box and put a password on then?
I have read up on things like u have to be carful with opening ports ect ect
What can a hacker do? How will he know who I im and what I got tho?
I changed my router pass so surely no one can access my box unless they can access my router or dny account?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top