Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-2T] vix 037 media player sorting still not working

I installed the enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.55_20140403_all.ipk and the network shares work fine with that. As soon as I hit the media button crash. How do I get into recording setting when it keeps crashing?
 
I thought I was pretty clear. The internal mediaplayer is not working properly- when I press the media button the system crashes. The mediaplayer plugin works fine and which shows the mounted shares properly and added bonus is it sorts.
 
Latest trial was install new image 047. First thing I did was Media button, menu got rid of media trashcan, then sorting and changed sort to alphabetical. Next I went into network browser and the system picked up cifs shares from nas and nfs from pc. Sweet, I then changed access rights to both to ro because of security.

I went to Media and it picked up /media/hdd and /media/autofs ok, and in autofs were all the shares. I browsed a few which were not sorted and I then hit blue button and then the files were sorted as I wanted. Great. I then swithed off the nas box and restarted the receiver. When I went into Media again the system crashed. I have not looked at the log file yet. I restarted the receiver and went into network and deleted the nas mount. This time when I went to media everthing was ok. Go figure something with autofs and trashcan hey.

By the way when I was in Media and nfs share I deleted a file. I was deleted from the menu but not from the pc.
 
Three of us spent quite a bit of time investigating your issue a few nights ago. We could not reproduce it. Please see video.

User account on PC has only got read permission
You will see me try to delete something. Exit and re-enter location and file is still there as it does not have rights to delete/write.
I then removed network cable. I entering media location, spinner for a bit, default to HDD.
Select network mount and get notification that mount does not exist

I set with CIFS/Autofs then NFS/Autofs. Both results were the same. Perhaps you may wish to make a full image backup so you can restore to it if you wish. Flash a fresh image with no restores, set the mounts and try again before adding anything else. I also tested the TM Twin to rule out any TM driver issues.

Sorry for the video quality, had to record over composite.
 

Attachments

You can switch off the use of the trashcan; iirc in 'Recording Settings'.

I have solo2 and duo2 and since Zeus I have no option in recording settings to switch off trash can, I remember at the time a few people who had performed fresh flashes with no settings restore seemed to loose it but nothing was done about it because some people still had the option... I have just done a fresh flash to Apollo 054 and it still isn't there.
 
I did a fresh install as I said created the mount points cifs for the nas and nfs for pc. Everything worked fine until I switched off the nas box and restarted the receiver. When I hit media button it crashed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 1328, in reloadWithDelay
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 445, in reload
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 549, in load
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 659, in buildBeginTimeSortKey
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/autofs/PublicNASC18E6E/'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method MovieSelection.reloadWithDelay of <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>>,()) failed)

When the system rebooted I went to network settings and deleted the Nas mount point. Everything worked again. I thought autofs was supposed to take care of mounts when needed but seems to have a problem when the network server is not on.
 
This is getting away from the topic which is about sorting media. At the moment it kind a is sorted. After new install and having the server rw and mounted shares as rw I went into media menu settings (i think) and went to sort and changed to alphbetical sort. This worked so I then went back to mounts setup and changed the access to ro. I believe I have rw on the pc server (might try changing that sometime). Anyway when the mounts access rights were changed to ro I could not then change the sort order but this is ok since I already changed the sort order to alphabetical. The advantage to ro is that I could not deleted any files from the server which was the issues with rw access. If it remains like this it would suit me.

PS to remove trashcan hit Media then Menu then Settings I think it is then first on the list 'trashcan for movie list' change to no.
 
Last edited:
Three of us spent quite a bit of time investigating your issue a few nights ago. We could not reproduce it. Please see video.

User account on PC has only got read permission
You will see me try to delete something. Exit and re-enter location and file is still there as it does not have rights to delete/write.
I then removed network cable. I entering media location, spinner for a bit, default to HDD.
Select network mount and get notification that mount does not exist

I set with CIFS/Autofs then NFS/Autofs. Both results were the same. Perhaps you may wish to make a full image backup so you can restore to it if you wish. Flash a fresh image with no restores, set the mounts and try again before adding anything else. I also tested the TM Twin to rule out any TM driver issues.

Sorry for the video quality, had to record over composite.


Thanks for trying (see message on crash on other thread) I notice in your video re trashcan that the message pops up saying 'can't delete to trashcan' On my tm-2t the the pop up asks do you want to delete yes or no. If i say yes the file is momentarily removed from screen not from the pc and it reappears when I exit media and go back again.
 
'autofs' certainly has limits. It is good in two things: when a mount is not available at boot-time, booting will not halt (as is the case when using fstab) and when a mount is required (for media or so) it will remount by itself.
What autofs does just as bad as fstab is when an active mount (a mount that is in use) becomes unavailable.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top