Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Autobouquets + DBedit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mikeysauce
  • Start date Start date
M

Mikeysauce

Guest
Hello, When I import from the autobouquets generated files into DBedit, make any changes and then send the bouqets back to the box, the list is full of things like below

1 <n/a>
2 <n/a>
2 <n/a>

etc etc

I understand the reasoning, it's because those are generating blank channel numbers so you get 101 as channel 1 etc. However the autobouquets plugin on the image has these invisible, any ideas how I can do that?
 
Thanks for the suggestion, I take it there's no way to do it at all in DBedit though as setedit appears to be a paid program
 
It's not expensive. And has options no other editor has.

had started my own thread with this problem using dbedit. had searched the forum but couldn't find any other posts.
not mind paying for a good editor. anybody using this editor. and is it as straightforward as dbedit?
many thanks
 
If you use ABM, then FTP to PC, edit, FTP back to STB, then ABM auto updates do you not have ABM again?


Tapatalker
 
Last edited:
If you use ABM, then FTP to PC, edit, FTP back to STB, then ABM auto updates do you not have ABM again?
hi many thanks for the reply
I have abm setup to update during the night. so if I first upload some of my own favourites into the stb I only see my own obviously. then after the abm rescan it puts n/a on the bouquets which I had deleted in the past. so I get my abm bouquets fine along with my own with in between n/a, so it'd them I would like to delete
 
ABM was designed to mimic S (I believe). I think it's designed to mirror a S box. S don't allow personalisation. It's a brilliant plugin but you can't DBE. There are variations you use but the ultimate? - create your own bouquets that auto update?


Tapatalker
 
had started my own thread with this problem using dbedit. had searched the forum but couldn't find any other posts.
not mind paying for a good editor. anybody using this editor. and is it as straightforward as dbedit?
many thanks
No it,s not:)
 
ABM was designed to mimic S (I believe). I think it's designed to mirror a S box. S don't allow personalisation. It's a brilliant plugin but you can't DBE. There are variations you use but the ultimate? - create your own bouquets that auto update?

many thanks for reply
totally get what you mean hoped that i could get best of both worlds. personally i think abm is an excellent plugin. but i also watch a lot of dutch and german channels. vhannibal and hans settings i think are both good to. so hence the combination of abm and manual 19.2/23.5 bouquets. just want to tidy up the favourites lists without the n/a then it would be perfect
 
Last edited by a moderator:
thats a pity dilemma whether i should invest or not can you or anybody else think of a different solution?
I believe there is a demo version so try it. Its a while since i used the package which does support most receivers
 
had started my own thread with this problem using dbedit. had searched the forum but couldn't find any other posts.
not mind paying for a good editor. anybody using this editor. and is it as straightforward as dbedit?
many thanks

DBEDIT isn't straight forward either...
Yes: SetEdit has a lot of options no other editor has. You really should try it: in Demo it is fully functional, but can only save up to 20 changed channels.
It's really a pity hardly anybody wants to pay for an excellent piece of software; that's the only reason you find so much info on DBEdit & DreamSet.
 
DBEDIT isn't straight forward either...
Yes: SetEdit has a lot of options no other editor has. You really should try it: in Demo it is fully functional, but can only save up to 20 changed channels.
It's really a pity hardly anybody wants to pay for an excellent piece of software; that's the only reason you find so much info on DBEdit & DreamSet.

I have to admit, I am biased by my use on different boxes over the last 4 years (yes, I paid for a license:) ) which is why I suggested a trial. I totally agree that it is a very comprehensive piece of software, covering a huge array of receivers, but sometimes its software implementation can be a pain in the ***** :)
 
appreciate your honesty i realise nothing can be completely perfect. happy if i can get rid of <n/a> in my favourites.
 
Why not edit cats eye/ vhannibal list and send to receiver. Then run ABM/AB.

many thanks for your reply. This is what i was doing vhannibal motor edit in dbedit. then send to box which is what i would like for bouquets 19/23. All good no problems then i run abm which is a fantastic plugin and i get all the listings i would like, but also <n/a>'s of previously deleted bouquets.
i thought it might have to do with the fact that abm allows you to 'keep bouquets' ( thats the setting i used) ?? after you have ran the scan and its them despite being manually deleted which are coming back time after time.
 
Sorry, I meant to say, leave the ABM/AB bouquets as they are without any changes. Didn't realise that you wanted to edit te AB/ABM bouquets too.

If you want to hide complete bouquets, this is possible, but you will lose the numbering on AB created ones (not too sure about ABM). There is a hide section feature on ABM, and a "hack" on AB.

The process would be:
Download settings from net, edit with editor, transfer to receiver, run ABM/AB. You get the customised Vhannibal/Catseye settings plus teh automated AB/ABM ones at the top.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top