M
matt007
Guest
Hi I am in the process of modding an existing skin on here to suit my needs. Im stuck on a few things which I am hoping some of the regular skinners can help me with.
I know how to change the look (i.e colour, image etc) of components as well as positions. But I do not know how to change the behaviour of certain things. For example, on the single QuickEPG (on the infobar) where we would press up/down to browse through events for a channel, instead of the events appearing one on top of the other, is it possible to make them appear one besides the other? Having a look at the code, a widget is used which is defined as a list. I don't know how I can change the behaviour of this widget.
Below is an image I found of the screen I am trying to edit. As you can see, the events appear one on top of another. I want them to appear besides eachother when I press up/down.

I am a programmer by trade so I don't have a problem programming things to suit my needs - if anything that is one of the beauties of a Linux box. Its just that I need some guidance on differentiating things that can be programmed via the skin and things that are built into the actual image.
Edit: In the event its coded into the image, how can I edit the python files when they have been optimised (.pyo files)?
I know how to change the look (i.e colour, image etc) of components as well as positions. But I do not know how to change the behaviour of certain things. For example, on the single QuickEPG (on the infobar) where we would press up/down to browse through events for a channel, instead of the events appearing one on top of the other, is it possible to make them appear one besides the other? Having a look at the code, a widget is used which is defined as a list. I don't know how I can change the behaviour of this widget.
Below is an image I found of the screen I am trying to edit. As you can see, the events appear one on top of another. I want them to appear besides eachother when I press up/down.

I am a programmer by trade so I don't have a problem programming things to suit my needs - if anything that is one of the beauties of a Linux box. Its just that I need some guidance on differentiating things that can be programmed via the skin and things that are built into the actual image.
Edit: In the event its coded into the image, how can I edit the python files when they have been optimised (.pyo files)?
Last edited by a moderator: