Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] VIX running very slow

Ive plugged the HDD back in to see but I don't see an opkg folder as one of the main folders unless its a sub folder within something else.

Sorry there is an opkg folder within the etc folder
 
I was asking about HDD.

Can you upload the file called "settings" located in /etc /enigma2 You will have to zip it before uploading it. Please check it for any email addresses or usernames before zipping
 
Settings file

I was asking about HDD.

Can you upload the file called "settings" located in /etc /enigma2 You will have to zip it before uploading it. Please check it for any email addresses or usernames before zipping

I've attached the settings file in zip as above. Also I've looked through the folders and there is also an opkg folder at /media/hdd/var/lib if thats what you meant.
 

Attachments

Good work. I have not seen this documented, but from my experience, if there is an opkg folder on the hdd, the items listed in that folder get installed without prompting. I am guessing a plugin is listed and being installed.

Can you delete the folder on the hdd, and reflash? do not restore settings after you restart. You may need to stop enigma2 with "init 4" if the folder on the hdd is in use. That whole var folder on HDD should go.


Comparing the settings file:

Mine
config.usage.allowed_timeshift_paths=['/media/hdd/timeshift/']

Yours
config.usage.timeshift_path=/media/hdd/timeshift/

I have not enabled it, nor have you, so I am not sure how we have different values. But lets see how it goes if you reflash.
 
Good work. I have not seen this documented, but from my experience, if there is an opkg folder on the hdd, the items listed in that folder get installed without prompting. I am guessing a plugin is listed and being installed.

Can you delete the folder on the hdd, and reflash? do not restore settings after you restart. You may need to stop enigma2 with "init 4" if the folder on the hdd is in use. That whole var folder on HDD should go.


Comparing the settings file:

Mine
config.usage.allowed_timeshift_paths=['/media/hdd/timeshift/']

Yours
config.usage.timeshift_path=/media/hdd/timeshift/

I have not enabled it, nor have you, so I am not sure how we have different values. But lets see how it goes if you reflash.

I deleted the whole VAR folder as you suggested and reflashed the image. Unfortunately the problem still persists. Really annoying whatever this cause is. Thanks for your efforts by the way, challenging this one, strange.
 
check the HDD on faults and do you yse picons that are on the HDD ? That could explain
 
check the HDD on faults and do you yse picons that are on the HDD ? That could explain

There is a picon folder at /media/hdd which contains a number of png images which I assume are picons. As regarding checking the HDD for faults, I'm not quite sure how id go about that without removing it from the box and plugging it into my laptop. It has however worked with other images until I flashed openVIX so I assume its ok.
 
in openvix there is a setting to check the HDD also. I think your HDD starts every time you change channel for reading the picon.Maybe delete the picons as test to see if it goes better
 
in openvix there is a setting to check the HDD also. I think your HDD starts every time you change channel for reading the picon.Maybe delete the picons as test to see if it goes better

I tried to delete the picon folder using filezilla but it won't allow it - "Response: 550 Remove directory operation failed."
 
Personally, I would FTP to your HDD and start copying over things you need to save (like things you've recorded, etc). Just in case really more than anything.

With HDD connected and TimeShift disabled, you could putty/telnet into your box and manually run check disk.

Think it's something like:
init 4
umount /dev/sda1 (where /dev/sda1 is mount location of your hdd)
e2fsck -p -c -f /dev/sda1
 
I also tried to do a filesystem check on the box and and got an unreadable error message. Now the movie folder with my recordings has now disappeared also. I can no longer access my recording on the box with the remote - I just get a blank page. Although that has solved the problem of everything running slow, although I hope I haven't permanently lost my recordings.
Also when I try to record now I'm getting message that disk is full.
 
Sign of your HDD going faulty. I posted previously posted commands for checking disk for error (post before yours) but tbh it isn't looking good.

HDD do go. How long you had it?
 
Sign of your HDD going faulty. I posted previously posted commands for checking disk for error (post before yours) but tbh it isn't looking good.

HDD do go. How long you had it?

Sorry yeah I posted before I'd seen your previous post. Disk has been in box for around 5-6 years. Might have to remove it now and see if can use some data recovery software to retrieve the videos unless anyone has any idea what do to now, cheers. I had about 500GB of vids on it.

It had been working ok up until yesterday when I was running OpenPLI on the box, then the problems started when I went to OpenVix, although I was able to play the videos ok earlier today when the list was there,
 
Last edited:
It had been working ok up until yesterday when I was running OpenPLI on the box, then the problems started when I went to OpenVix, although I was able to play the videos ok earlier today when the list was there,
Obviously Vix wouldn't have made HDD faulty haha It was probably faulty in certain parts of the HDD and you hadn't really noticed.

Depending on HDD error, running the check disk command may fix it and you may lose only certain things and not everything. If you do manage to fix it and get to your recordings (all or some of them), don't assume HDD is now error free. It could just be corrupted but also could be a sign of HDD failure
 
Obviously Vix wouldn't have made HDD faulty haha It was probably faulty in certain parts of the HDD and you hadn't really noticed.

Depending on HDD error, running the check disk command may fix it and you may lose only certain things and not everything. If you do manage to fix it and get to your recordings (all or some of them), don't assume HDD is now error free. It could just be corrupted but also could be a sign of HDD failure

No of course not lol, you may well be right. I notice that the timeshift folder is still there and the epg is still set to /media/hdd. I'm just wondering if I have done something to accidently delete the movie folder or if some setting or other needs changed. I'm a relative beginner at this as the previous images I used I never had to tinker with anything.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top