Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Vix sign keeps spinning in the corner, becomes slow and unresponsive

avi68

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi guys,

I have a vu plus duo and I haven't restarted the duo for about a week however I have noticed that the spinning vix sign keeps appearing after a while in the corner. I have noticed that if I don't restart the box regularly this becomes a regular issue. I have a swap file activated and set to the max. When I check the information and memory, I see that 187 is used from the 262. It then slowly goes back up but it still remains laggy.

Is there anything I can do to stop this becoming a regular issue?

P.s I only use one provider on crops epg which is stored onto the hdd and ts is also get to the hdd.

Thanks!
 
Ok, what does that do?

Also what are the settings I should put it?

Thanks for your help

It does sound like memory leak. My Duo suffers from it but your sounds a little worse. But maybe check something first? Where are storing epg? It should be the hard drive or USB and not flash. If not flash use the following but start the timer at 30 mins and see how it goes - reduce if needed.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/12/dajyja4a.jpg

Edit - just re-read and see the epg on the HDD, sorry.

Tapatālker
 
Last edited:
It does sound like memory leak. My Duo suffers from it but your sounds a little worse. But maybe check something first? Where are storing epg? It should be the hard drive or USB and not flash. If not flash use the following but start the timer at 30 mins and see how it goes - reduce if needed.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/12/dajyja4a.jpg

Edit - just re-read and see the epg on the HDD, sorry.

Tapatālker

Oh ok. Thanks for the explanation! I have set it to the following : image.webpimage.webp. I have also attached my memory information, it looks better now because of the reboot I did.

Please could you let me know if my settings are correct, or if I need to change something.

Thanks!
 
Looks ok. Now to see if it make a difference! I set display to show in extensions for quick access via blue button.


Tapatālker
 
Ok guys just an update: it started acting really slow again. It took forever to change channels and took a long time to load the epg. It was acting really sluggish. Over 100mb of swap was used.

I then changed the settings in the cache plugin: auto timeout to 15mins and set the un cached memory size to the max. It still made no difference. So I had to reboot the box, using the reboot option.

Any ideas guys what's happening?
 
Sorry mate, not sure what you can do. My Duo works a charm with Swap and Cacheflush. Just out of curiosity - when it slows you can open cacheflush and press the blue button to manually clear it. Even set the flush to 5 mins. If that does not work I would reflash it from scratch - no backups. There are threads on how to keep timers and auto-timers etc. The guys here are releasing Vix 4. so a reflash will be needed soon anyway? If that does not work I know not what to do!


Tapatālker
 
Sorry mate, not sure what you can do. My Duo works a charm with Swap and Cacheflush. Just out of curiosity - when it slows you can open cacheflush and press the blue button to manually clear it. Even set the flush to 5 mins. If that does not work I would reflash it from scratch - no backups. There are threads on how to keep timers and auto-timers etc. The guys here are releasing Vix 4. so a reflash will be needed soon anyway? If that does not work I know not what to do!


Tapatālker

I did that mate. I opened cacheflush and flushed manually but it didn't really help. I've now set the flush to 15mins, should I make it lower? Also I set the memory size to the max, I don't know if that will help.

Hmm I did a reflash and entered my settings manually before, I shouldn't have to keep doing it, should I?

I think I'll have to wait for the new vix. I don't know why it freezes after a while, it's getting annoying.

But thanks for your help mate, much appreciated!
 
You shouldn't have to reflash regularly, or reboot regularly, for that matter. Duo is known for memory leak though. Do you have anything stored in flash? Picons? Do you have many plug ins?

I use a USB tuner on my Duo for Saorview and found that after a couple of days I would lose the signal and have to reboot. I got around it by adding a reboot timer (to standby) at 6am each day. It's not ideal but ensures its trouble free for the whole day. I know it's not finding your problem but it might help you as a workaround.


Tapatālker
 
Hi mate

Why not save your settings and reflash the stb it could be a plugin that causing the problem also check your EPG to see if its checking for updates. Start from scratch and slowly introduce plugins one at a time and monitor the box over a few days for performance
 
You shouldn't have to reflash regularly, or reboot regularly, for that matter. Duo is known for memory leak though. Do you have anything stored in flash? Picons? Do you have many plug ins?

I use a USB tuner on my Duo for Saorview and found that after a couple of days I would lose the signal and have to reboot. I got around it by adding a reboot timer (to standby) at 6am each day. It's not ideal but ensures its trouble free for the whole day. I know it's not finding your problem but it might help you as a workaround.


Tapatālker

Nothing is stored on the flash that I know of. Everything is saved on the hdd. I don't have any picons. The only extra plugin I have is the on demand one, so I have 5 in total. I have auto bouquets maker running at 3 and epg running at 4 in the morning.

Hmm that sounds like a good work around, how do you set that?
 
Hi mate

Why not save your settings and reflash the stb it could be a plugin that causing the problem also check your EPG to see if its checking for updates. Start from scratch and slowly introduce plugins one at a time and monitor the box over a few days for performance

Hi mate,

Ive done that before when I was having problems, when I first purchased the box. I reflashed without a setting restore and also with but then after a while I need to reboot in order to get it to respond quicker.

I just checked the epg, it said that it updated in the morning, so that's working.

Its after like a week it starts to get real slow, it doesn't even respond at times due to the spinning vix sign. But I've noticed that at least 100mb of swap gets used. Then I have to reboot in order to get it back.
 
sounds very much like the memory leak problem that some Duo's suffer, not much you can do for this but to try the cacheflush plugin.
 
You can go
Menu/timers/power timers/green button to add
timer type = reboot system
Repeat type = daily but you could use custom for every 2nd day or so
Date = today's date
Start time = what suits you to avoid EPG and ABM
end time = no
After event = go to stand by

It does not solve your problem so I would try Phoenix' other post on removing large corrupt files.



Tapatālker
 
sounds very much like the memory leak problem that some Duo's suffer, not much you can do for this but to try the cacheflush plugin.

I've done that already mate, no luck unfortunately. I was looking at osamo1956's post and he says that you posted a solution. If I do find the corrupt file, after deleting and rebooting, how would you update the system?

Thanks
 
You can go
Menu/timers/power timers/green button to add
timer type = reboot system
Repeat type = daily but you could use custom for every 2nd day or so
Date = today's date
Start time = what suits you to avoid EPG and ABM
end time = no
After event = go to stand by

It does not solve your problem so I would try Phoenix' other post on removing large corrupt files.



Tapatālker
Ok thanks for that mate. I want to try and delete the corrupt files like Phoenix said, but I just want him to confirm that update part. Thanks for your help dude:)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top