Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team Image Wishlist Poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter soulmate
  • Start date Start date

ViX Team Image Wishlist


  • Total voters
    158
what is a panic button ?

Instead of going back to the last channel you were on when you press "0" it takes you back to channel 1 ,like micscave says its a good way to get back quickly rather than just pressing 1,i think it used to delete zapping history as well.
 
they can be hardly satisfied, they's then complaint about the remote or anything :roflmao:

"AWWWww... I miss that cute panel .... That modern style.... The separate power supply .... This thing you bought is so quaint ...."
 
Just my 1 cent about this poll.
I think it's great to know what users like most: it leads you to make choices that will satisfy a larger number of people, and, eventually, your personal satisfaction as a developer will be far greater.
At the same time, being a developer myself wiith some experience, I know that there is always a danger: to raise expectations toward some specific features: after all, if feature A, B and C are on top of the list, why are the developers thinking about something else?
It happened to me in the past, and I ended up quitting the project altogether. I just couldn't stand giving my time (a lot of it) away for free, sometimes staying up all night to solve a bug, only to hear people were unhappy with the new release because longed-for feature B was missing.
So, I think this poll is a neat idea as long as we users see it as it surely is meant to be: a way to help the devs, not to harass them.
I am confident, because I like the fresh air on this board and the casual attitude, so I think everything will b ok.

Oh, and btw my wife is from Sicily: never underestimate what Sicilians can do: they are clever, resourceful people :-))))
 
From the responses here I'm quite confident that this will turn into what it was intended to be: a linking device between the team and the members of the board.
 
Glad to see that skins is leading the poll. And glad to hear that most items on the wish list are already being implemented on the next version. Great great image and it will nice to have some very lovely skins incorporated especially those with mini tv and PIG with bigger text font and different colour for epg. Good job VIX team. Thanks again.
 
Glad to see that skins is leading the poll. And glad to hear that most items on the wish list are already being implemented on the next version. Great great image and it will nice to have some very lovely skins incorporated especially those with mini tv and PIG with bigger text font and different colour for epg. Good job VIX team. Thanks again.

just to let you all know that just because something is leading the poll does not mean that it will be done :), we have enough to be going on with on our own list, it will just give us an idea how you would LIKE the image to go.

and as i am the sole coder, i have better things to do with my time than skins, so they will always be at the bottom of my list, but if anyone wants to join the coding team to do skins i would be glad to give you advice on where to start. as long as you have had some experience in coding.
 
Last edited:
I am repeating here a request I posted somewhere else: what Linux distro would be best for me to study in order to become proficient in VuDuo stuff? I know C, C# and a number of other languages. I cannot assure you that I'm going to be of any use at all, but ... who knows?
 
I am repeating here a request I posted somewhere else: what Linux distro would be best for me to study in order to become proficient in VuDuo stuff? I know C, C# and a number of other languages. I cannot assure you that I'm going to be of any use at all, but ... who knows?

the programming language for main program is python, the os is OE1.6 (a linux distro), but for skins it XML based
 
@andyblack Are you doing this image all alone?!?? :eek::eek::eek:
Man, you rock!!!

We do keep him locked up in a cave in a secret location with a slice of bread and glass of water everyday... If he's lucky, he's allowed a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of tea... But, that's only on a good day of coding. Any bugs that day, and his slice of bread is taken away from him...

Now, andy, get back in to that cave, and get your rest, ready for a hard day of coding tomorrow

:roflmao:
 
I understand that there are many more people to thank for these images, I was just blown away with the fact that his doing all the coding himself. To all involved making the image what it is, to all involved helping others... Thank you!
 
We do keep him locked up in a cave in a secret location with a slice of bread and glass of water everyday... If he's lucky, he's allowed a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of tea... But, that's only on a good day of coding. Any bugs that day, and his slice of bread is taken away from him...

Now, andy, get back in to that cave, and get your rest, ready for a hard day of coding tomorrow

:roflmao:

Cake what chocolate cake, bloody sic has been stealing my cake :roflmao:
 
I understand that there are many more people to thank for these images, I was just blown away with the fact that his doing all the coding himself. To all involved making the image what it is, to all involved helping others... Thank you!

yeah, it is a team effort, i could not do it without the team, helping me finding bugs and supplying me with the error logs etc, i cant take the sole credit :D
 
Support for usb-dtt

i've got used for the first time your image.
Congratulations very beautiful and functional.
It would be perfect with support for usb-dtt ;)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top