Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image - 05/09/2010 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody explain why I get picture and sound for all FTA channels but just a blank screen for the encrypted ones. I have my smartcard inserted and it all works fine with the open PLI image.
 
I have noticed that if you ftp a keys folder into var it gets deleted on a reboot.
 
gr8 img but i still have problem with 60Hz via HDMI cable

i cant watch SD channels

i hope you make an img with old drivers like DE 11 or vti 0.7

or fix this problem as all we USA users cant use the new imgs after 3-2010

thank you

Suggest you talk to vu+ about that, as it is obviously something that needs fixing in their drivers...

alex at vuplus dot com ;)
 
I don't think I am using a CAM and that is probably the problem. How would I go about finding out what my open pli image is using? I am using a SkyTV card (New Zealand)

Not sure about nz cards, but you will defo need a cam... Download cccam, and the cccam.cfg found earlier in the thread (or was it another post?!), and use that. See if it clears it for you...
 
That's something we need to implement.

I'm looking for that as well.
I've currently leaving keys in /usr/keys
With a symlink from /var

But again this gets deleted as well.
Just need to create the symlink each time, not a big issue, ut just need to remember to do it.
 
I have noticed that if you ftp a keys folder into var it gets deleted on a reboot.

for CCcam just create a folder called 'keys' in '/etc'
then add something like this to your CCcam.cfg.

Code:
SOFTKEY FILE : /etc/keys/SoftCam.Key
 
Hi Andy,

I'm using mgcamd.
Trouble is that looks for a /var/keys file for the config.
I can seem to find any way around that at the moment. Apart from making the symlink. Which has to be done on each re-start.
 
Hi Andy,

I'm using mgcamd.
Trouble is that looks for a /var/keys file for the config.
I can seem to find any way around that at the moment. Apart from making the symlink. Which has to be done on each re-start.

ok, i recoding the softcam manager now, to check for this, it will work like this:

it checks for /etc/softkeys/keys folder it it does not exist it creates it's, then it symlinks it to /var/keys
and also
it checks for /etc/softkeys/scce folder it it does not exist it creates it's, then it symlinks it to /var/scce

BTW what installer are you using for mgcamd ?, and i'll see about adding it our feeds.
 
If you install this now and a new image is released, will you have to do a fresh reinstall?
 
Vix image 05-09-10 installed on my VU+ duo:
1. For some reason I can Ftp and telnet to the Vu+ but if I try to SSH using putty I get a message "Access denied". There is no password setup on the box as far as I know (none needed for Ftp and Telnet). Please advise.

2. I want to mount a shared folder named "Movies" on my PC to the VU+ using MountManager to a folder named "pcmovies" on the vu+.
I have made it work by creating the "pcmovies" folder in /media and runing the following mount command:
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.84/Movies /media/pcmovies -o username=xxx,password=xxx
To make it work after reboot I have edited the fstab file by adding the following line:
//192.168.1.84/Movies /media/pcmovies cifs username=xxx,password=xxx,_netdev 0 0

Using MountManager can anywone advise the correct parameters to mount:

Mounts editor
Active: enable
Local share name: ?folder on VU+? /media/pcmovies
Mount type: CIFS share
Server IP: ? my pc ip ?
Server Share: ? share name of my folder on pc? /Movies

Thanks


If I want to enter a / in "Local share name" is it possible using the remote??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you install this now and a new image is released, will you have to do a fresh reinstall?

i'm looking into getting the "sofware update" working :) so hopefully no
 
ok, i recoding the softcam manager now, to check for this, it will work like this:

it checks for /etc/softkeys/keys folder it it does not exist it creates it's, then it symlinks it to /var/keys
and also
it checks for /etc/softkeys/scce folder it it does not exist it creates it's, then it symlinks it to /var/scce

BTW what installer are you using for mgcamd ?, and i'll see about adding it our feeds.

I can't remeber where I got the download from to be honest.
It was a manal install.

And hence why I got no startup scripts and bullsed my one up.
The other thing I do is to rename the oscam???? to just oscam as when you manual update the oscam version it's much easier than changing all the scripts again, but I think this is where i messed up!
 
Last edited:
I can't remeber where I got the download from to be honest.
It was a manal install.

And hence why I got no startup scripts and bullsed my one up.
The other thing I do is to rename the oscam???? to just oscam as when you manual update the oscam version it's much easier than changing all the scripts again, but I think this is where i messed up!

yes, if you are using it from my feed, dont rename anything or you will brake it :)
 
Any chance you can upload just the startup script please on it's own, so I can put back the original? Or will it be easier just to remove the re-install the lot, as I only need the startup script.

If I update either of the cams I'll just rename the cam instead of the script in future!!
 
Any chance you can upload just the startup script please on it's own, so I can put back the original? Or will it be easier just to remove the re-install the lot, as I only need the startup script.

If I update either of the cams I'll just rename the cam instead of the script in future!!

what stratup script ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top