Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.0 - 09/02/2011

same kinda problem here formatted memorystick fat32 in my pc when i start up the vu+ it reads the ms but when i goto device manager it searches for a bit the green screen & crash.i had it working before with 1.3
 
OK, i give up!!!
Going back to v1.2
I still cannot get plug-ins or the update to work.
I still cannot get Dreamboxedit to get past "lamedb" when trying to FTP my bouquet across.
(Dreamboxedit 4.0.1.2 using the enigma2 settings)

I have taken my entire network apart.
I have tried every suggestion so far.
I have disabled the routers firewall.
I have turned NAT off and on.
I have created a dedicated path just for the DUO.
I have tried reserving its IP address.
That is on top of countless reflashes.
Router has been wiped and reset up.
Everything have been turned off for 30 mins at a time.

I can download EPG data.
I can FTP to/from the box.
I can see all the files in filezilla.
I can access the box from my PC.
The DUO is showing up as "vuduo" in the routers "attached devices"

This maybe be either a bug with certain boxes (firmware/version) or certain routers.
I would be willing to get another router, but i fear this will be a waste of money if it is a bug.
 
have you run the software updates since you upgraded to vix 2.0? post crashlogs also thanks
 
This is a brilliant image, installed on my v+ yesterday and it is working flawlessly.

Just a quick question, can anyone please advise what is the latest stable CCcam client that is available?
 
This is a brilliant image, installed on my v+ yesterday and it is working flawlessly.

Just a quick question, can anyone please advise what is the latest stable CCcam client that is available?

Works ok with the latest 2.1.4
 
This maybe be either a bug with certain boxes (firmware/version) or certain routers.
I would be willing to get another router, but i fear this will be a waste of money if it is a bug.

Its not a router bug, I've tried with Linksys, Netopia and netgear while trying to tie down the cause of the problem with the same result.
I'm currently not using VIX, but while I was trying to get it up and running I went through evry network setup and troubleshooting step I could think of and that was suggested with no joy.
It could possibly be linked to the rev/hardware version of the box I suppose.....But again doubtful as myself, you and every other person seems to have no problem at all with any other images.
I did suggest a few pages back that perhaps if someone could share an image/backup of the latest 2.0.2 image that one of those having this problem could flash that and see if makes any difference to the network issue (a shot in the dark I know!!! but nothing else has worked!)but that suggestion was ignored here, and shot down on another forum.

Hope it gets sorted for those with the problem.
 
have you run the software updates since you upgraded to vix 2.0? post crashlogs also thanks

Hi Chris
As mentioned, part of the problem is not being able get the online updates.
I have managed to FTP my bouquets across when i changed the router. (an old Philips model)
So that part of the problem was solved.
But the plug-in and online updates still do not work.

As this is not a crash, i don't have any crash logs.
Maybe Andy can send me a whole "updated" (2.02?) flash file to try.(to flash via USB etc)
I'm not sure how this will suddenly let updates work, but you never know!
 
Just a further update, i reflashed v1.2 and now have the same problem on that.(no updates or plug-ins)
It must be due to the router or the DUO is faulty.
I'm going to get a new router in the morning.
Why this fault/bug has only just shown now i have no idea.
Maybe something in v2.0 has screwed the routers memory up?
I just want my DUO back...
 
Just a further update, i reflashed v1.2 and now have the same problem on that.(no updates or plug-ins)
It must be due to the router or the DUO is faulty.
I'm going to get a new router in the morning.
Why this fault/bug has only just shown now i have no idea.
Maybe something in v2.0 has screwed the routers memory up?
I just want my DUO back...

Have you tried a different ethernet cable? I had a similar issue few weeks ago and spent a whole day reflasing the unit, my router etc. I then connected the duo direct to the router using another ethernet cable and everything worked fine straight away. Turned out my cable was damaged causing the connection to be lost intermittently!!
 
Have you tried a different ethernet cable? I had a similar issue few weeks ago and spent a whole day reflasing the unit, my router etc. I then connected the duo direct to the router using another ethernet cable and everything worked fine straight away. Turned out my cable was damaged causing the connection to be lost intermittently!!

Ok, i've just tried connecting directly to the router with a new cable...no difference.
But thanks for helping...!!!
 
Ok, i've just tried connecting directly to the router with a new cable...no difference.
But thanks for helping...!!!

I see a few people have been through hell with this issue, pity as it's a fantastic image.
I've flashed my VU+Duo about five times now & had the same issue on the second flash, no idea why though as it's been fine since.
Have you cleared all caches, done a fresh download of the image & tried to flash again?
 
I think one member on here had a faulty Ethernet socket on his duo. He could get it working by waggling the cable by the socket. He got a replacement in the end. Worth a try
 
I had this problem on the original VIX image. I went back to PLI because of it. Then one day I decided to try VIX again and the problem didn't recur. Strange.
 
I install it with nfi file & meoboot plugin. All menus scrolling is damaged & fixed background color of menu.
I think nothing is better in this issue.
 
hypercam

To andyblack:
I get the solution. :D I have to put hypercam in folder "/usr/softcams" and the hypercam.cfg file in "/usr/bin" folder. Then on TV screen, hypercam appears in softcam menu, i have just to choose "autostart"...a new file is generated in "/etc" which names "SoftcamsAutostart" with hypercam writed.
I don't think it is the real efficient script, and I dont know if it would be the same result when trying to install it manually. Otherwise, it has to be the same way for all cams.:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
To andyblack:
I get the solution. :D I have to put hypercam in folder "/usr/softcams" and the hypercam.cfg file in "/usr/bin" folder. Then on TV screen, hypercam appears in softcam menu, i have just to choose "autostart"...a new file is generated in "/etc" which names "SoftcamsAutostart" with hypercam writed.
I don't think it is the real efficient script, and I dont know if it would be the same result when trying to install it manually. Otherwise, it has to be the same way for all cams.:)


the next update will have hypercam support, the softcam will go in /usr/softcam and the config in /etc
 
"if someone could share an image/backup of the latest 2.0.2 image that one of those having this problem could flash that and see if makes any difference to the network issue"

Great idea, if someone could upload a fully updated Vix 2.0.2 image, we could try and see if this helps our network problem.

Vinnie
 
Anyone have issues with connecting to the plugin or update feeds, please re-download the public release, re-flash and try updates again this evening. I'm going to reboot the server sometime today to see if that helps.
 
"if someone could share an image/backup of the latest 2.0.2 image that one of those having this problem could flash that and see if makes any difference to the network issue"

Great idea, if someone could upload a fully updated Vix 2.0.2 image, we could try and see if this helps our network problem.

Vinnie

too al that are having feed issues, could try ping'ing the feeds server in a telnet session on your Vu+

Code:
ping -c 10 www.world-of-satellite.com:80
you should something like this,

Code:
PING [URL="http://www.world-of-satellite.com:80"]www.world-of-satellite.com:80[/URL] (178.162.185.236): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=0 ttl=50 time=51.788 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=1 ttl=50 time=50.394 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=2 ttl=50 time=50.916 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=3 ttl=50 time=51.439 ms
64 bytes from 178.162.185.236: seq=4 ttl=50 time=51.017 ms

--- [URL="http://www.world-of-satellite.com:80"]www.world-of-satellite.com:80[/URL] ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 50.394/51.110/51.788 ms
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top