Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team VU+ Duo Image v2.2 - 11/06/2011 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a flash ?

[08:52 PM] Nalareddep : When you 'flash' a vu+duo is this an upgrade for the enigma 2 software, a sort of subroutine, or somthing else and what is the worst caqse scenario if it goes wrong ?
 
[08:52 PM] Nalareddep : When you 'flash' a vu+duo is this an upgrade for the enigma 2 software, a sort of subroutine, or somthing else and what is the worst caqse scenario if it goes wrong ?

Its not a upgarde, its like installing different version of an OS.

If it goes totally wrong - never heard of one yet, it can be still recovered but needs more effort.
 
Hi VIX Team, installed this image about 4 days ago - never have used the VIX image before.
I'm totally impressed and just wanted to say a big thanks to the team for the brilliant/hard work that has been put into developing this image. I find it very stable.
 
I am a complete newbie and have just installed my first ever Sat system a week ago and blundered on and finally am now sitting watching ITV HD with exceptional quality. I have also just installed VIX 2.2 which has some great features and is simple to navigate. I wondered if there was a user guide document or at least a list of terms used as there are a load of these I do not know what they are/mean. I have just discovered what a bouquets are doh!!
 
Not yet mate as it would take an awful lot of work to keep updating it after each image release but you never know. There will be a VIX wiki which will go some way towards addressing some of the users needs.
 
Also always make an image backup and a settings back incase you make a mistake somewer so u can go back to ur last working image
That is the beauty of present live: back ups are easy and safe to make, and are thus inviting to make an excursion to another image.
And then tou really experience what you miss......:)
 
My major problem with Vix 2.2 is that I cannot initialise a hard disc, either internal or external and to work around this means going back to original Vu+ image.

Will this problem be fixed in 2.3?
 
The strange thing is, that many people can use the ViX-image to initialize their disk, and some can't. We found no way to reproduce this. I just got a new HDD and found no problem initializing it, so apparently I'm one of the lucky guys. If you're not: adding a HDD isn't a daily job, so for once just go over to the OI.

Long story short: don't expect enhancements in that area, but you might just be lucky.
 
Whats the make and model of the HDD? as done 3 Seagates and never had a problem, one of them was even out of a SKY HD box and worked fine.
 
P1030914.webp

For some unknown reason and despite having not changed anything on my system for several weeks I have started getting the above message displayed. Any idea what the cause is and how to rectify it?
 
You have enabled timeshift on a drive that is not formatted as ext3/4. If you have not changed anything, check your devices are mounted correctly blue button>vix>mount manager.
If all ok check were your timeshif path is pointing to
 
Strange thing is I had exactly the same this morning on a DUO with internal HDD. Never ever had this before, after a reboot all was fine again.
 
ive been having this for a while now and andyblac is looking into it but still not sure what causes it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top