Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team VU+ Duo Image v2.2 - 11/06/2011 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
thanks for the new image :) It seems to be working fine. I think it fixed my Suntek "tune fail" which happend with 2.1 every 3-4 days. It is a week now and it did not show up. The DolbyDigital audio problem is still there thou, I hope will be looked into at some stage. I had one freeze today (box not responsive to anything, no telnet access and no log) but it happend to me in the past with 2.1 or PLI images I was trying.

The only thing I really miss is the "HISTORY" button in EPG search, which I've been using often in VIX 2.1.
Thanks

Can you explain what the DD audio problem is?

EPG history is working perfectly fine in beta image (not sure if there was a problem on the released images?). If you press Menu when in EPG search, it shows the history (or I'm loosing the plot, one or the other :p).
 
Hi pooface,
thanks for answering. With Sundtek I have following problem:

I've audio downmix set to "off" as default. If I switch to channel transmitting in DD there is no sound at all. If I change the downmix to "on" the audio plays ok. Now if I switch downmix back to "off" the audio disapears for around 5 sec. and then the DD plays ok. Changing to another channel with mpg audio and back to channel with DD will recreate the problem with no DD audio. The recorded program with not audible DD plays back DD with no problem. I did post on Sundtek forum about it and got the answer:

"We reported this again to VU+
Unfortunately from our side there's nothing we can do here, we can just pass the audio data to the VU+ system and rely on the decoding of their interface.
What we can imagine is that the interface is hardcoded to mp2/3 on their side, let's see what they will reply to our last emails... "

As to History in search I did found it after reading your post. I got lost because the History option in VIX 2.1 was under blue button without the need to press the Menu button. The 2.1 image remembered also more then 4 searches, but 4 is better than nothing I suppose :)

Thanks again.
 
To andyblac:
Implementing the simple channel list in last VIX image was a nice little feature. I use it and like it a lot. By the way I have noticed a small issue regarding til simple channel list. When zapping using either typing channelnumber or using zap button in VIX Epg the simple channel list still believe the present channel is the last visited channel. This give some odd behaviour following when zapping using left og right arrow key. This is not a big issue but would be appreciated if it was possible to optimize the code in a future software update release.
 
As to History in search I did found it after reading your post. I got lost because the History option in VIX 2.1 was under blue button without the need to press the Menu button. The 2.1 image remembered also more then 4 searches, but 4 is better than nothing I suppose :)

Thanks again.

just added show history to Long Yellow, for next update.
 
To andyblac:
Implementing the simple channel list in last VIX image was a nice little feature. I use it and like it a lot. By the way I have noticed a small issue regarding til simple channel list. When zapping using either typing channelnumber or using zap button in VIX Epg the simple channel list still believe the present channel is the last visited channel. This give some odd behaviour following when zapping using left og right arrow key. This is not a big issue but would be appreciated if it was possible to optimize the code in a future software update release.

yup fixed for next update.
 
Just a thought... Is it possible to release a new update for each improvement, instead of releasing all of them at the same time? Maybe this is difficult to do, but it would sure be great for us users, as we then would know which update we got, and if it then is any problems after this particular update, it should be easy to address it..?
 
Hi pooface,
thanks for answering. With Sundtek I have following problem:

I've audio downmix set to "off" as default. If I switch to channel transmitting in DD there is no sound at all. If I change the downmix to "on" the audio plays ok. Now if I switch downmix back to "off" the audio disapears for around 5 sec. and then the DD plays ok. Changing to another channel with mpg audio and back to channel with DD will recreate the problem with no DD audio. The recorded program with not audible DD plays back DD with no problem. I did post on Sundtek forum about it and got the answer:

"We reported this again to VU+
Unfortunately from our side there's nothing we can do here, we can just pass the audio data to the VU+ system and rely on the decoding of their interface.
What we can imagine is that the interface is hardcoded to mp2/3 on their side, let's see what they will reply to our last emails... "

As to History in search I did found it after reading your post. I got lost because the History option in VIX 2.1 was under blue button without the need to press the Menu button. The 2.1 image remembered also more then 4 searches, but 4 is better than nothing I suppose :)

Thanks again.

As sundtek have stated, this is an issue with the vu image (most likely the drivers), so will need to be address by vu themselves. Would be interesting to know if anyone with an et5000/9000 has similar problems?!
 
Just a thought... Is it possible to release a new update for each improvement, instead of releasing all of them at the same time? Maybe this is difficult to do, but it would sure be great for us users, as we then would know which update we got, and if it then is any problems after this particular update, it should be easy to address it..?

The trouble is, that we are making updates for lots of different bugs all at the same time, and testing them out between ourselves. We cannot just fix 1 bug, test and release, as then it would take a much longer time to release the updates...

Also, andy is continually adding new/updated features...
 
hi can some one post me the link for enigma2 the 2.2.1 softcam i can only get 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 working its the IPK file thanks guys
 
hi can some one post me the link for enigma2 the 2.2.1 softcam i can only get 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 working its the IPK file thanks guys

Code:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html
 
here is the link to the cam pack

Code:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

you want this file for cccam 2.2.1

enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk
 
Anybody else having trouble with oscam and Vix 2.2. Been having glitching on sky card for last week or so. Have been tweaking oscam to no avail. When i thought back to see what changes were recently made,I came up with the VIX upgrade.
Switched back to Vix 2.1 and everything perfect again. I can only assume its something to do with upgrades to Vix softcam manager or OscamInfo - OscamInfo plugin built directly in to image.
 
The trouble is, that we are making updates for lots of different bugs all at the same time, and testing them out between ourselves. We cannot just fix 1 bug, test and release, as then it would take a much longer time to release the updates...

Also, andy is continually adding new/updated features...

Of course... I didn't think of that. ;) By the way, has there been any updates the last couple of weeks..?
 
Apologies for not reading through the whole thread. Installed 2.2 a couple of days ago. So far so good.

Just one thing. The software update icon always seems to be on, even though there are no updates?
 
You need to enable WEBIF as softcam manager checks it and if it cant "speak" to oscam it will attempt to restart it hence the glitching.
 
Something strange

Hi

Just the other day I noticed strange behaviour when I switch between favourite lists.

When I switch from a channel in one list to a channel in another list, the channel up and down buttons reacting weird; they switche between other channels than the ones next and previous in the selected list.

After a lot of searching and testing I noticed that this problem only occurs when the "simple TV list" option for the TV button is selected in the remote setup menu.
When set to "TV list" the problem is gone.

I think the "simple TV list" setting is the default setting in this image.

My problem is hereby solved but maybe somebody else is still looking for the solution.

Good luck, Tom
 
In the channel list when you press OK this takes you back to the full sceen mode, does anyone know if there's an option that makes the OK button zap to the new channel with it showing in the PIP but still staying in the channel list?

cheers

Rob
 
In the channel list when you press OK this takes you back to the full sceen mode, does anyone know if there's an option that makes the OK button zap to the new channel with it showing in the PIP but still staying in the channel list?
I have asked Andy about this some time ago. The answer was that it was not possible but that he was thinking about it.

G
 
Hi guys ,

just installed 2.2 ..and I am having an issue with quick epg (left or right button press)..
Epg is not showing correctly as per screenshot .I am using VuConfinnity HD skin but noticed this also on magic hd skin .Had no issue in 2.1 ...just wwondering if anybody else is having issues with quick epg not showing correctly in vix 2.2?
 

Attachments

  • screenshot.webp
    screenshot.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top