Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

Kernel: 3.1.1
Drivers: 2012-01-18
Image: Release
Version 2.3
Build: 204
Last Update: 2012-01-27 19.51

I can no longer use the DVD-player plugin. I seems like it is installing just fine, and I can also remove it. The problem is that it doesn't appear in any menu, so I can't use it... Any help or ideas..?
 
No need to install the plugin: DvD-playback functionality is implemented in the image.
Just use the normal filelist/PVR and navigate to the DVD (-ISO file) and click 'OK'.
 
No need to install the plugin: DvD-playback functionality is implemented in the image.
Just use the normal filelist/PVR and navigate to the DVD (-ISO file) and click 'OK'.

The reason why I need the good old DVD-player, is that I don't have/use ISO files. I have folders with the original DVD-files in.
 
Aha! It works in the same way as for ISO-files. I just navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder, and when I click OK, the DVD-menu appears! Anyhow, the DVD-player was a better option, as even my wife and kids could adapt to that. Navigating through different folders via the PVR-button, will not be that easy... I hope a solution for the DVD-plugin will come.
 
Last edited:
Aha! It works in the same way as for ISO-files. I just navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder, and when I click OK, the DVD-menu appears!
Yep, and it has always worked that way!
So with the OK-button you can play all kinds of video-files/DVD's/Photo's & MP3's
And for easy navigating you can add shortcuts/symlinks.
 
I've never tried this before, so I didn't know... I've always just used the DVD-player.

How can I add shortcuts/symlinks? Is this maybe described elsewhere? I couldn't find it, but there's still a lot of unread postings and threads it can be hidden in, so I will try some more to find it. If anyone know where I can find what I need, please guide me there.
 
How can I add shortcuts/symlinks?
The most simple way is to go to
Menu --> Setup --> System --> recording settings --> Default movie locations
and add several bookmarks. They will the show up in your movielist and in the WEB-IF as well.
 
Hi,
I'm really interested to flash the Brand new Vu+Duo -v2.3 as it offers the ushare for Dlna protocol.
I'm bit confused on how to start the flashing as the below files don't tell which one is for bootloader or the vix2.3.
duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip, ViX-2.3.133-vuduo_usb.zip and ViX-2.3.GM-vuduo_usb.zip
Can anyone tell me which file is the bootloader (duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip ? I supposed) , and so on ?

Thanks.
 
duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip is the bootloader, you flash this first.

ViX-2.3.133-vuduo_usb.zip and ViX-2.3.GM-vuduo_usb.zip are both images 133 being the newer of the two.
 
was totally lost with slow response on vix but finally figured that when looking at epg the reason the hard disk was constantly spinning was hdmi-cec. disabled this and all good now
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top