Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

TXT 888 teletext for deaf

VU + DUO, have VTI, OpenPLI, OpenVIX latest versions always tried to txt subtitles but is occasionally a line away, there are 3 lines, I get two, there are two lines, I get one, there is a rule is nothing. This happens at random time intervals but too often the text to follow. The strange thing is that this a few months ago, with NL3, NL1 and 2 were good, since a few weeks now that NL1 and NL2 is still only (I hope ...). TXT Level 2.5 (page 389 2x help pressing AB, wait or not picon in the picture) on or off does not help, TXT cache found nowhere, not even TV settings, it is not sensible because it was only available NL3 and now with NL1 and NL3. Am dependent on TXT888 because I am deaf. Contact TXT888, Canal + is the familiar pillar to post, hope someone here knows something about and do even better solution. Thank you!
 
I tried to replicate this on NED1, 2 & 3, but it seems to be working fine here. But maybe I must have tried longer?
A probably stupid question: if info doesn't appear as you say, how do you know the info is there at all?

If you prefer to write in Dutch, we could go to the Dutch section.
 
I wonder if anyone can help me, i've updated to 2.3 and now when i scan for channels I'm missing 1000's. I only find 600 channels from the 4 dishes my sat is point ing at (13/19/23/28)

All my channels from my old bouquet thats I have reuploaded now are greyed out and say N/A

I've updated, I've rescanned and I've been trying to fix this for 4 hours now.

Any ideas?

I'm on a VU + DUO
 
Bedankt voor je reactie, inderdaad is mijn Engels niet zo goed en moet me behelpen met google vertalingen.
Zal even switchen naar de Dutch sectie.
 
I wonder if anyone can help me, i've updated to 2.3 and now when i scan for channels I'm missing 1000's. I only find 600 channels from the 4 dishes my sat is point ing at (13/19/23/28)

All my channels from my old bouquet thats I have reuploaded now are greyed out and say N/A

I've updated, I've rescanned and I've been trying to fix this for 4 hours now.

Any ideas?

I'm on a VU + DUO
personally, i would remove the enigma setting from thw box first before scanning if u completing a full scan
 
I wonder if anyone can help me, i've updated to 2.3 and now when i scan fo

Any ideas?

r channels I'm missing 1000's. I only find 600 channels from the 4 dishes my sat is point ing at (13/19/23/28)

All my channels from my old bouquet thats I have reuploaded now are greyed out and say N/A

I've updated, I've rescanned and I've been trying to fix this for 4 hours now.

I'm on a VU + DUO

Might be stating the obvious here, But did you reconfigure your satellite setup in service/config after reflashing the Vu.
 
Hi there. A "junior" member here needs your help please. I am struggling with my new VU+DUO to get Nova channels but I can only get half of them. When I plug in my old dreambox then no problem. Then I noticed this thread regarding Nova drivers? Anything that I could do before or during I upgrade to 2.3?
Thanks
 
What do you get for the others? Are they greyed out or giving PID errors?
Are you using a bouquet set?

Try updating your satellitle.XML and do a full scan and see if that helps.
 
Hi,
I noticed there are currently 2 updates available however when I try and install them my box cashes is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. I have posted the crash log.
Thanks for the help
 

Attachments

I see the spinner quite often. Sometimes when I change channel the spinner can run for up to a minute.
Watching TV is OK while the spinner runs, but remote does not work.
But it was a lot worse in VIX 2.1. Then the spinner never stopped, had to powercycle.
Tried OpenPLI 2.1 just recently, it does not have the same problem.
Any idea what could be causing this?

Using internal disk, always on, timeshift. No swap.
 
Which epg are u using? Have u tried disconnecting ur hdd and do a new flash and see if u still get spinners. Im not saying its ur hdd but process of elimination thas all
 
I am using the default EPG.
Need to find the time to test without disk, so it may take a while. Thanks for your input so far.

Btw, any explanation on what is causing spinners in general? Is it normal to see occasional short spinners?
 
The box is doing something in the background and using up memory hence the spinner and we need to find out what. Maybe suma causing hdd to spin up. Do u use PTS?
 
I have had timeshift enabled all the time. I will turn it off now and see if that makes a difference.

I captured the output from top while it was hanging (VIX 2.2). Here are the first lines, not sure if it is of interest.

root@vuduo:~# top
Mem: 138728K used, 2684K free, 0K shrd, 4284K buff, 53568K cached
CPU: 4% usr 8% sys 0% nic 83% idle 0% io 0% irq 4% sirq
Load average: 0.00 0.09 0.09 4/93 2378
PID PPID USER STAT VSZ %MEM %CPU COMMAND
2378 2376 root R 2232 2% 4% top
104 1 root SW 0 0% 4% [sched_high]
587 583 root S 1380m 997% 0% /usr/bin/enigma2
612 1 root S 63704 45% 0% /usr/softcams/CCcam.2.2.1
554 1 root S 13948 10% 0% /usr/sbin/smbd
557 554 root S 13948 10% 0% /usr/sbin/smbd
558 1 root S 6820 5% 0% /usr/sbin/nmbd
486 1 messageb S 2680 2% 0% /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system
2375 512 root S 2552 2% 0% telnetd
 
Hi,
I noticed there are currently 2 updates available however when I try and install them my box cashes is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. I have posted the crash log.
Thanks for the help

I'm having the same issue, shows 2 packages available, and when I try to update the box crashes. I'm also getting a crash when I try to update XMLTV providers.
 
I'm having the same issue, shows 2 packages available, and when I try to update the box crashes. I'm also getting a crash when I try to update XMLTV providers.

Update : Reflashed and restored backup, downloaded 31 updates, all seems fine now. No updates showing, and able to update XMLTV providers

Another Update : Random VIX spinner is gone too. Does the VIX spinner indicate updates ??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Update : Reflashed and restored backup, downloaded 31 updates, all seems fine now. No updates showing, and able to update XMLTV providers
Thanks for reporting that, I was getting worried already (as I couldn't reproduce any problem).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top