Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue HD800SE] VIX3.0 Cannot play FLAC files

SalteeDog

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I don't seem to be able to play FLAC files on the GB running VIX3.0. I've tried both the default mediaplayer and YAMP. Any advice?
 
this the same for all images on the new OE.
 
Thanks guys. I noticed it's also not working on my Vu+ Duo - also running VIX3.0. - so aligns with Andy's response above. It recognises the files as audio but does not play them. My music is on a NAS so I wonder is there a workaround...perhaps using VLC to stream from a PC?
 
Sorry to be a bit thick - but am I understanding it correctly that the issue is not with the Image but with the drivers the H/W manufacturer provides? So no image will support FLAC playback on the Vu+ and the Gigablue?
 
It's a combination: the drivers of several boxes (VU, GB, possibly more) don't support the versions of Gstreamer (and possibly more) that are being used.
e.g.: the OI-based images (i.e. in fact Dream OE 1.6 based) for the VU's do play flac & ogg fine, using the same drivers we use.
 
i noticed an issue with wavs aswell, but i only tried a couple.

can anyone else confirm wav no good for them?


maybe an email to gigablue is needed if this is the case.!
i prefer flac/wav to mp3 aswell.
 
yeah as rob said, drivers need updating for new OE
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top