Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] volume problem (video)

  • Thread starter Thread starter stevesom
  • Start date Start date
Something else that I've noticed is that when the problem occurs if I go into media player, select something and play it, it plays with no volume but if I then increase/decrease the volume the sound comes back. If I then stop and exit back to live tv the sound is then back and the volume control behaves normally.
 
Still having this issue and I'm convinced it's associated with media playback as it always seems to occur when I've been playing media using the media player. As I said above, when I stop and exit and the adjust the volume on a live channel I get the issue but not always. Going back in and playing the media, adjusting the volume, stopping and back to live tv and the volume comes back.

How or what can I do to debug this issue? I've tried enabling logs but that had nothing of any real interest.
 
Calling birdman [emoji3]any ideas on how I can debug this issue please. As I've said before, it seems to be associated with playing videos using the built in media player. Noticed yesterday that when I return to normal sat channels when the problem occurs if the channel has another audio channel then if I switch to that the audio comes back, also when the problem occurs recordings will also have no audio. I've kept a recording of match of the day which shows this problem in case it might help?
 
Another thing I've noticed with the recording is that when I stopped the media and went back to bbc1 there was no audio, the recording at that point also has no audio, playing around I eventually managed to get the audio back and the recording then also has audio from that point onwards. I've checked the audio tracks and the recording shows that 2 are available.
 
What do you mean when you say "the media player"??
 
Ive downloaded the recording to my pic and played it there and for the sections where I had the problem the recording also has no sound. Playing around at the time I managed to get the NAR track working and on the recording if I select the NAR track I get sound in places.

So it looks like when the audio goes off it's going off at a low enough level to affect the recording.
 
Nobody really able to help with this, I'll obviously do the leg work as I appreciate that this may be box specific but I'm looking for pointers on what I can do to gather debug info to determine if this is a hardware driver or some esoteric bug related to ViX just on this model.
 
Thought I'd upload another video, bit rough and ready as I'v tried to keep the size as small as possible.

You can see what happens when you're 3 bars from the end, so volume drops with 3 bar left to go, at 2 bars there is some feint sound and at the last bar the volume returns to normal. Just looking at the behaviour it could possibly be a software logic problem as at bars 3 the volume just drops. That video is after a restart of enigma2. I've not updated my box yet, been away for the last week so I'm still on 4.2.03.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4or8ymlhtlg6vox/Resized.mp4?dl=0
 
The above should be 4.2.23 but I've now updated to the lastest 026.

Is there really nothing that can be done as my last few posts on this thread has been me talking to myself?
 
The above should be 4.2.23 but I've now updated to the lastest 026.

Is there really nothing that can be done as my last few posts on this thread has been me talking to myself?

I just do not think anything can be done about it.
 
I've just gone thru' this thread again, and it's unclear to me what volume control you're actually using, as it can be done on both the tv and the ET10K.

The volume on my et10k is always set to max, and I control the volume level using the tv.

I've never seen this problem, but I don't run any plugins, unlike your setup. And I use deep standby overnight.

I think the chances of a driver fix, if that's the cause, are nil.
 
I'm using the volume control on the box and not the tv. The only extra plugin I have is kodi and epgrefresh.

Is it possible to control the volume of the tv without having to press the top tv button? If it is then I think I'd go for that as pressing the tv button will for sure confuse the family when they fail to realise which mode the remote is in.
 
I don't think you can control the tv volume using the et10k remote.

Kodi probably has its own audio settings, could they have caused conflicts after you've stopped using kodi?
 
To be honest I don't use kodi that often, installed it more for curiosity, last time I used it was weeks ago. I mainly use a CIFS connection to my NAS where all my media is stored and use the built in media player to change locations and then play media. I've noticed that this volume problem is more likely to occur after I've played something off the NAS but it doesn't happen all the time. The video above is straight after an enigma2 restart and I hadn't been near the NAS for a few days.
 
The above should be 4.2.23 but I've now updated to the lastest 026.

Is there really nothing that can be done as my last few posts on this thread has been me talking to myself?


i have just done a fresh flash of 026 and my volume is playing up again :confused:
 
I have done what adm suggested in post 2 and its ok again for now, i have no additional plugins i keep the box basic apart from mgcamd. I will report back if it happens again and watch for a pattern.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top