I know, which was why I was telling you all not to mention it.Your two bullet points are correct. But that has been the case all along (in 5.4 since I started testing VPS), it's not a new phenomenon.
Yes.That makes sense to me; if VPS is enabled by default, there's no need to see the option.
Or is there?
I don't know, because it's not there. At least not that I can see.What is the name of that variable.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/pull/412
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/pull/413
Yes.I downloaded VPS from my ATV image and ran some tests. Manual timer entry has VPS option available and it saves it properly (Yes/No/Yes safe-mode).
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<vps_timers>
<timer begin="1613840400" end="1613841900" serviceref="1:0:19:A010:A000:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" vps_enabled="1" vps_overwrite="1" vps_time="0">
</timer>
<timer begin="1613840401" end="1613841900" serviceref="1:0:1:1C00:104D:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" vps_enabled="1" vps_overwrite="0" vps_time="0">
</timer>
</vps_timers>
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/pull/414
I've just fixed the latter of these. VPS timers are now saved.So can we agree that the fix does get the item back into the menu, but the following issues now exist:
The latter seems to be the result of there being no code to actually pass on the change to the write-out function.
- The VPS option doesn't appear in the Timer Edit menu if the VPS plugin config is set to "enabled by default"
- Changing the VPS option in the Timer Edit menu doesn't actually get set/stick in the timer
I think safe or not is the next line in the autotimer - control recording completely by serviceEverything looks ok except the ability to setup an autotimer to use safe-mode.
The option can be set in the vps plugin, but neither epg/blue to create an autotimer, nor a change of autotimer defaults has the safe-mode choice, just yes or no.
Not sure what the plugin option actually achieves, manual timers need changing to safe-mode if that's what you want.
I think safe or not is the next line in the autotimer - control recording completely by service.
I don't use safe mode as that doesn't seem to use the "look ahead" feature so is pretty pointless.