Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Duo displays restarts... and displays Starting on the display

  • Thread starter Thread starter samshah
  • Start date Start date
S

samshah

Guest
BOX: VUO+ DUO
NO Harddrive is installed.
configuration mode. Simple
Mode Single
Satellite 28.2E Eurobird 1..Astra 1N/2A/2B/2D
Send DiSEqC No


My first post - please be kind.

It started off as minor random restarts/hanging I couldn't figure a pattern, it displayed 'Starting...' (without red light) and now it has got progressively worst. It happens when changing channels, navigating menus. I thought it was related to an older VIX image. But this wasn't true as I've since re-imaged it and now it's on VIX image 3.0.678. And now whenever it goes through the service scan for channels 25% of the way through it will do the same thing hangs. This time I left it one instead of hard restarting using the switch and it came back up but without the channels. I've even installed the latest Black Hole image 1.7.9 and it does the same at the scan.

I have to confess it was working fine for about 2-3 days despite random hangs but it become progressively worst.

The person I bought this receiver as informed this is an original box (but I have no idea if he's saying the truth or if he knows himself). I paid £260 for this box and now I'm beginning to regret going down the route of using a Linux receiver.

I need help to establish if this is a hardware fault or software. If software, I need help to stablise it. If HW what are my options?

I'm a newbie in this arena but keen to understand and learn so any help from anyone would be very much welcomed as I'm close to throwing it out of the window! :mad:

Please help me...
 
Hi,

Don't get downhearted. I started a year ago and had issues. Keep at it and you will be happy. The duo is a good box once set correctly.

If you have no hard drive or USB are you using crossepg?



Tapatalker
 
The reason I ask is that the duo is known to have memory loss on certain models. Having a hdd or USB will allow you to create a swapfile. This will help memory loss. So you could try fresh flash, then using a USB to set up a swap file. Then install cache flush from the feeds. Then try your scan etc.

It could be that the activity over hours/days has filled the internal memory.


Tapatalker
 
You may have hit the nail on the head. I was installing local extensions softCam and got error no space left on device when installing .ipk file. I rebooted, message went but then got error excessively long line at 3 corrupt file. I'm not sure if any of this is linked????

Anyways, what your saying makes sense but need to know how to do it i.e. create a swapfile etc.. Any chance you would be kind enough to instruct me?

I'm just hoping it's not a hardware issue as the person I bought off isn't willing to take it back for a refund. Only had it less than a month :-(
 
I'm away from the house at the moment bit I think you have to initialise the USB first. Menu - setup - hard drive - you should see and hightlight the USB. Bottom of screen shows what the coloured buttons do. One is initialise.

Then exit back out of Menu

For swap file go Menu - Vix - swap file. I use 96

For cacheflush. Menu - plugins - green button to download - you have a few option which once in will be alphabetical used. I can't remember which heading its under but have a look. Once installed go to menu - plugins - cacheflush and enable - I think the defaults are ok and look fir an autos tart option. Again the coloured buttons control the actions.

I may be wrong on these menu paths as I am out.



Tapatalker
 
And if you use crossepg etc download it to USB. Not internal.


Tapatalker
 
Thanks for your comments TapaTalker will look into this shortly and post back.
 
Okay here's the update.
I've reimaged the VU+ with VIX 3.0.649 as it was the only image that would work with SoftCam + IPK file. The most recent build 3.0.678 didn't work.
Based on your advice I've not installed CrossEPG as I don't have an internal HD and I can't get USB stick HD storage to work.
I've tried and failed miserably to get a USB to initialize/mount and register as a HD so I can use it as an install point. I tried 3 separate USB sticks - but failed.

From crash/freeze front, so far so good (albeit it's only been a couple of hours), it's not hasn't crashed. I can only assume this is because I've not loaded anything like CrossEPG or any plugin onto the internal memory.

Can you please walk me through how I can get the USB to mount, as I must be doing something fundamentally wrong or all the USB sticks I've used are not compatible? I think this is my final hurdle so I'd really appreciate your/someone's help.

I also fear that the box over time (in the next couple of days) will go revert back to the original issue - freeze/reboot. Hence my plea for help.

Many thanks,

p.s. After this issue has been fixed I will look to buy an internal HD.
 
Menu - system - hard disc - initialisation - can you see your USB? If so highlight - ok - red button

Then menu - Vix - mount manager - highlight USB - blue button to mount


Tapatalker
 
In system - epg - settings - epg location press right but this may take 3 seconds to switch to USB.


Tapatalker
 
Samshah, you are running a Duo which is known to have memory problems. You may not have a memory problem with it but time will tell. I had with mine. The cacheflush plugin along with creating a swapfile pretty much totally stabilised my Duo. No issues since I've used both these features.

Swapfile needs ext 3/4 to work. The Duo will do that through initialisation so better to format the USB in the Duo than in a PC.


Tapatalker
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top