Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu Duo Hard Drive no longer visable on windows laptop

deckymckeown

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I have a vu duo in my main room. I recently re installed latest VTI image (same image was previously installed but I switched to black hole then back to vti).

All the images ive used so far, the hard drive of the duo and my solo were visible on the network tab of my laptop. I have the hard drive mounted as NFS so that the solo can share the hard drive and its faster than cifs, as I couldn't play HD files from the duo when the drive was mounted as CIFS.

Anyway, the set up as it is now is the same as its always been. But for some reason I cant see the hard drive of the duo on my laptop.

Any ideas? I have installed samba server via telnet, do I also need to create another mount of the hard drive as CIFS? I don't remember doing this before to get my laptop to see the drive:confused:
 
I'm sorry, but your setup isn't very clear.
What image are you using now? And how are HDD's connected to what boxes and in what formats?
 
If you are usin static IP, try DHCP and reboot the box and use new IP or set it fixed again
Look if you see the hdd on PC then..
 
I'm sorry, but your setup isn't very clear.
What image are you using now? And how are HDD's connected to what boxes and in what formats?

Hey sorry, yes it VTI latest image on vu duo. Internall HDD in duo, shared to solo as an NFS mount from the duo
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top