Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] VU+ Duo stuck on 'Starting' after flash

Drogs_1

New member
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I decided to update from the first vix image to the most up to date and now the box is just saying 'starting'. I have tried a few other images but the same thing. Would anyone have an idea to get the new image working on the box.
 
What image version were you on?
What image version did you flash?
Bootloader & latest images (currently build 600) found here.
 
Thanks for the reply. Can't remember the exact version that was on the box but IT am now trying 3.0.6. Tried downloading the bootloader but it says it is corupt when trying to unzip!
 
All sorted. Turns out one of my computers saw the bootloader as corrupt. Tried a different one without any issues and we are up and running....
 
I appear to have the same issue here - I have flashed the Vu+ duo with build 600, and all I get is the "Starting..." text on the duo's display. I was previously on vix 2.2. I am using a USB stick that has worked before for flashing the duo. any help would be gratefully received!
 
if you updated directly from ViX 2.2 you likely also need to update to the very latest Bootloader too.

you can get the bootloader from www.openvix.co.uk and just flash it in exactly the same way as you would a image.

when you do setup the ViX 3.0 image DO NOT restore a previous Settings backup as it will cause problems.
 
hi mates,

Am trying to flash the latest openvix helios 017 on a vu+ duo. It gets stuck on starting when I try to flash.

there are no usbs or hard drives connected to the box (except the one on the front port that is used for flashing)
I've tried two different usb drives (both are reliable and work perfectly when i flash my et9x00)
I've updated the bootloader to the latest one from openvix download page
but it still gets stuck at "starting"

The only image I've been able to successfully flash is vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328_usb

Tried openvix-Helios.017-vuduo_usb and BlackHole-2.1.0-bm750_usb but to no avail.

Any help appreciated !!
 
Unless you have had the receiver for more than a year, and kept it on a old image since new, there is no reason to mess with the bootloader.

How old is the receiver and are you sure it is genuine ie not a clone ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Unless you have had the receiver for more than a year, and kept it on a old image since new, there is no reason to mess with the bootloader.

How old is the receiver and are you sure it is genuine ie not a clone ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't know if its a original or a clone. A friend of mine recently bought it brand new and gave it to me to configure.
I know the common answer is "the price is generally a give away" but with Vuo+Duo2 and Vuo+Solo2 the prices of Vu+Duo have dropped so how would we know? He paid £140 for it. It came in proper packaging a Vu+ Duo box, manual etc.

But I've failed to load any image onto it except the one I mentioned (vuplus-image-bm750-20120203012328_usb). Images I've tried so far are :



Questions :

1. Is there a way to check if its a clone ?

2. If IT IS a clone, what options do I have in terms of images? The basic requirements are a stable image, with autobouquets, functioning hard drive (record, timeshift etc) and cross-epg sort of autoepg updater.

3. If it is NOT a clone, what can I do to successfully flash my favourite image ViX/OpenVix to it ?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
 
For £140 new, I have no doubt it's a clone.

2. If it is a clone, we cant provide any further help. But we will need to certify that before we go any further.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Hmm. In that case I'll ask him to return it. Is there a way I can check if it's definitely a clone?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
Does it have a sticker on the back with either v2 or v3/v3.2 written on it. Did it come with a funny looking serial port adapter?

If the answer to either is yes then it most probably is a clone.

The price is the biggest give away though.
 
It has a sticker at the back with a vu+ duo serial number and a BN number. No v3 etc.
It did come with a rs232 serial cable if that's what you are referring to. The cable has Stb sticker at one end and pc sticker at the other

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
It did come with a rs232 serial cable if that's what you are referring to. The cable has Stb sticker at one end and pc sticker at the other

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It is a clone then, unfortunately. Original Vu+ receivers do not come with these cables and never have.
 
perhaps take a look at your spdif connector.If the mittlepart is a flat stripe its probably a clone.If the mittlepart goes from top to bottom it is an original.The same as on the VU solo.Or do a surch on images on google.
 
Other things to look out for but they could well have been corrected now of which I'm not sure are:

On the front panel and original will have Dolby Digital with the logo, a clone won't.
At the back above the power connector an original will have Made in Korea, a clone won't.
Again at the back, above the ethernet connector there will be a box with writing related to Dolby, a clone won't.

As I said the clone may well have corrected the above, I'm not sure but they were the differences when I used to have both an original and a clone and compared them. Just for reference I dumped the clone and kept the original. :)
 
Other things to look out for but they could well have been corrected now of which I'm not sure are:

On the front panel and original will have Dolby Digital with the logo, a clone won't.
At the back above the power connector an original will have Made in Korea, a clone won't.
Again at the back, above the ethernet connector there will be a box with writing related to Dolby, a clone won't.

As I said the clone may well have corrected the above, I'm not sure but they were the differences when I used to have both an original and a clone and compared them. Just for reference I dumped the clone and kept the original. :)

All the above are present on the box. As you said, may be they have fixed it on the clones.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
As i said, the price tag and the fact that it comes with a rs232 serial cable, I am 1000 percent certain it's a clone, no doubt about it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top