Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu Duo ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) 25-12-2011 Not booting

  • Thread starter Thread starter ojsat
  • Start date Start date
If you lived close enough I would kiss you....... It's working again, just need to sort out my settings.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

no worries mate, and i fully understand how frustrating it can be when things dont work, but hey thats why were here.
 
Mine now working too, thanks for the info, much appreciated. Wishing everyone a merry xmas.
 
Vix 2.3 25/12 Skin error,MgCamd error and DBE error

I got problems when I installed the latest Vix 2.3 dated 25/12.
Skin Kerni HD1 gave me some errors (have always used that skin), MgCamd also did and the latest Dreambox Editor really crashed everything.
I reflashed using the "original" VIX2.3GM and all is normal again.
Will get back with some crash logs.
 
press the list button, its between audio and menu.
 
Same way as last time. Press the filelist button next to Menu.
 
NOOO WAY!! I was accessing recorded stuff using the media player! I didn't even know there was a button for this! I love this box!! It reminds me the dbox 2 times :)
 
Dont use media player that is the best way of playing stuff. Also if you have other boxes and NAS, than mount them and use the yellow when in player to navigate to that location.

I prefer it as its far better control wise than media player.
 
NOOO WAY!! I was accessing recorded stuff using the media player! I didn't even know there was a button for this! I love this box!! It reminds me the dbox 2 times :)

yeah most people dont even know vix has its own purpose made media player. the one you were using is the default e2 version.
 
Still stuck at "starting"...

Hi,

OK, first of all I, did the update. My nephew is here and has been glued to my PC playing Crysis 2 for the whole day so I didn't check here before. After being stuck and reading why, I downloaded the thing and reflashed but with the same result: stuck at "Starting". I read some more redownloaded the bootloder (and Vix), reinstalled both. Same result (did it twice...). So I got Vix2.3-133 and finally I got my STB working again.
Now I don't know what to do...
Is there something strange with my Duo?

Should I try again? Or wait for some updated version?

G
 
What i did early this morning was did update online as i knew nothing about the new image or thread, i just noticed flashing update icon.
Mine stuck on starting like others after i did update, well actually it said offline update .............
I then downloaded new image.
No need to reflash bootloader as i did not.
Simply i put new image on pendrive i.e same one i always use, put it in the front usb port and flashed.
Box working and no problems.

Thank you
 
Last edited:
even if you already have the new bootloader on the box re-flash the bootloader first via usb stick then power the box down and flash the image via usb stick.

i did have the new bootloader .... and i did have to reflash the bootloader before the reflash ..... all working 100% now :thumbsup:
 
You WILL need to flash the bootloader for it to work with the new kernel, there is ni way round this.

Fist flash the bootloader and than the image and everything should be fine. If for some reason it does not boot up after the image flash, power off for 1 - 2 minutes after image flash and it should boot up fine.
 
You WILL need to flash the bootloader for it to work with the new kernel, there is ni way round this..
You mean even if I alredy have 2.3 on?
And what was te procedure again? Can't find it. I remember the USB had to be empty with only the file on it , or was it the vuplus dir with the file?
G
 
You mean even if I alredy have 2.3 on?
And what was te procedure again? Can't find it. I remember the USB had to be empty with only the file on it , or was it the vuplus dir with the file?
G

yes to load the newest image with the linux 3.1.1 kernel even though it is still technically of the ViX 2.3 image branch, you will need to re-flash both the new bootloader then the new image.

to flash both you first need to format a USB stick to FAT32 from your pc / laptop and then decompress the archive containing the bootloader until you see the folder called vuplus. copy this folder and it's contents to the USB stick and place it in the receiver while it is powered down from the button on the back of the receiver. now reboot and you will see the message on the VFD of the box telling you it is reading and flashing etc. once done it will tell you to reboot and remove the stick, at this point power down again and remove the bootloader's folders from the stick and do the same for the image.

should take about 6 or 7 minutes from start to Finnish and the bootloader should load in just a few seconds.

make sure you use the backup manager first to backup your settings however you will have to re-install any plugins you use manually.
 
To save confusion i did originally on the new v2.3 image put the bootloader in, whati meant to say was once you have done that, you do not need to reflash with the new bootloader in order to use the newer 2.3 image.
I have just helped family member with there duo online and now there's is all up and running, but they also had already done the same proceedure when new 2.3 came out.
I like it now in "green-sats" the long list as now gone as it was annoying when i couldn't get them.
Now it only shows the sats you scan.
Excellent work guys :thumbsup:
 
To save confusion i did originally on the new v2.3 image put the bootloader in, whati meant to say was once you have done that, you do not need to reflash with the new bootloader in order to use the newer 2.3 image.
I have just helped family member with there duo online and now there's is all up and running, but they also had already done the same proceedure when new 2.3 came out.
I like it now in "green-sats" the long list as now gone as it was annoying when i couldn't get them.
Now it only shows the sats you scan.
Excellent work guys :thumbsup:

well i tend to recommend that step for both users who have already flashed the bootloader and those who have not, i'm not sure why but some boxes find it easier to accept the kernel upgrade when a fresh bootloader is flashed. Although why the bootload is needed at all escapes me as it only allows for images over 64MB in size to be flashed to the box and even with the new kernel ViX is well under this threshold.
 
Flashed the new 25/12/ image onto mine without re'doing the bootloader and everything went fine for me, when i get the stuck on starting problem I just remove the rear USB devices and reboot then i have no issues once rebooted just re'plug all your USB devices from then on it will reboot as per normal without issues.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top