Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu Duo ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) 25-12-2011

  • Thread starter Thread starter silverfox0786
  • Start date Start date
Thanks... well I have at least narrowed the problem down to a network issue. I have no mounts visible in menus, though I did try mounting a few weeks ago. Is it possible there are any orphaned files around that could be causing any problems? Is there a cleanup plugin perhaps?
 
Thanks... well I have at least narrowed the problem down to a network issue. I have no mounts visible in menus, though I did try mounting a few weeks ago. Is it possible there are any orphaned files around that could be causing any problems? Is there a cleanup plugin perhaps?
Also no (inactive) mounts in Menu --> Setup --> System --> Network --> Mounts Setup ?
Anyway: you can have a look at etc/fstab and etc/enigma2/automounts; open them with an editor and see if any culprits are in there. If so: delete them and save the file.
But be aware: before saving use the telnet command 'init 4' and after saving 'init 6'.
And always make backups before editing systemfiles.
 
Cheers for that, will give it a shot again when I'm back from home. There were no inactive mounts in Network > Mounts setup, I'll have a check looking at etc/fstab - which editor do you recommend for this purpose?
 
This image still gets updates frequently? and all updates are from online update?
Haven´t used it for a while and i´d like to come back in VIX world :)

Is there some thread where could check when updates arrive?
 
I always use PSPad and Notepad++ (take care they are set to Unix).

OK... so here is my fstab with password asterisk'd out (nothing was in automounts.xml)... the 192.168.0.4 entries look a bit suspect to me? My Duo is on 192.168.1.x gateway.

Code:
rootfs               /                    auto       defaults              1  1
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0  0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0  0
usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      defaults              0  0
tmpfs                /var/volatile        tmpfs      defaults              0  0
//192.168.0.4/vu /media/net/vu    cifs   username=vu,password=***************,_netdev   0 0
192.168.0.4:/Vu /media/net/Vu    nfs        nfsvers=3,proto=tcp,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=14,bg,soft,intr     0 0
UUID=87ece800-f0a6-4ef7-a701-aa6c72c5fa47	/media/hdd	auto	defaults	0 0
UUID=ec44e500-0592-49bd-a6de-eebf354351c7	/media/usb	auto	defaults	0 0
 
I would just delete the two 192.... lines.

That worked! FINALLY, knew it was a network related issue, just couldn't figure out what! Now on reboot, instead of 30+ seconds 'starting...' or eternal hang, it's a couple seconds max! Cheers for that :thumbsup:
 
Hi, is there a known issue with software updates on this version? Tried to perform update, it says 2 are there but nothing gets processed. Also, when try to download plugins, it lets me select them but nothing gets processed. Any ideas?
 
Cheers. I've had the issue for a week ... would they have been down that long?

no there down a couple hours a time at most as updates are made etc.
 
no there down a couple hours a time at most as updates are made etc.

Hmm, odd then! I'll try again later but I assume I haven't just been repeatedly unlucky. If the feeds aren't down, any ideas what might be happening? Network connectivity looks fine at my end.
 
great work guys.
how do u restore the old timer list from previous version?

Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top