Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu Duo ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) 25-12-2011

  • Thread starter Thread starter silverfox0786
  • Start date Start date
Thinking of upgrading from 2.1 Could you tell me the steps to take with this 2.3 version

Thanks
 
first flash the bootloader then reboot the box and flash the image.
 
So how do I find out what bootloader I have and where do I find the latest version?
Running Vix 2.2.1 at the moment!
 
That very likely on the old bootloader. Flash with the the new bootloader as on the VU you can still use older images so is not an issue updating
 
I also did a online update as I had not been on the forum, but did manage to sort it out with a usb flash. Shame about the upgrade notification on the box, I am sure there will be more making this mistake.
 
Last edited:
I to noticed the flashing green lit in the skin and did online update but got stuck on starting...I than reflashed with USB stick, restored settings that I backed up before doing online update, and everything is fine now.

Merry Christmas to all and thanks for another update.
 
when a backup settings is performed ...what actually gets backed up ?
 
when a backup settings is performed ...what actually gets backed up ?

normally every thing from the plugins you have installed to the settings you have in place such as EPG settings and mount points etc. however when moving between the different kernel versions it will only recover the settings it self and not any plugins you have installed due to the way the kernel and image work together. you can manually re-install the plugins your self though.
 
my box was flashing the green update, which i did via the box now i am stuck on starting ??? if we need to flash and not update from the box why was it released to the box (if you know what I mean) I had not looked on here to read this thread now i am left with messing about reflashing it back and loading all my setting again :(
 
....I had not looked on here to read this thread now i am left with messing about reflashing it back and loading all my setting again :(
I realise many suffered from this, which unfortunately can't be helped.
If backup settings are available, what would be the normal situation, you will be asked if you want to restore them, once the flash is done. Just say "yes" and all your settings will be there again. Now the only thing you will have to do manually is to install your plugins.
 
Since updating I cant reload settings after ftp with dreambox edit, says error, So now I am stuck on loading screen.
 
Since updating I cant reload settings after ftp with dreambox edit, says error, So now I am stuck on loading screen.

reboot the box, the error only corresponds with the re-load commands DBE sends to the box once the settings are loaded. and to get off the loading screen just press up or down pn the channel settings.
 
Tried that but nothing happens, if I go into bouquets they are there but no channels.
 
Tried that too, so just did reset, ok now but will have to set up again.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top