Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU+ Duo, VIX 2.3 & ‘ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT’ - Please Help!

gedclarke

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Feb 16, 2012
Messages
167
Reaction score
19
Points
0
Age
54
Location
Liverpool UK
Hello,

My problem is with my vu+duo running vix 2.3 build 204 and ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT.

Before I start I would like to thank the team for all the work they put into creating these settings, as I have now had a taste of trying to update them, and its far from easy and VERY time consuming.

My problem is I cannot get the UK DTT settings to work. I use the nova-t usb stick bought from WOS with the latest vix downloadable driver installed. I have scanned the tuner and it has found 111 services. However when I go on the bouquet ‘ Terrestrial Freeview’ all channels are greyed out and if I select any one I get the message ‘service unavailable – check tuner configuration’. If I go to the ‘new scanned’ the channels are there and work fine. All satellite settings are working great aswell.

I posted here and it was suggested that it may be due to regional variations, I can understand some channels being different but surely not every single one (I am only in Liverpool). That is why I think I must have the wrong settings, driver or not installed something that is required.
So, instead of endlessly trying the settings I decided to try and exchange the working ones in the ‘new scanned section’ for the ‘Terrestrial Freeview’ ones using dbedit, as was kindly suggested in my last post.

I have noticed a few strange things whilst attempting this:

If I open the original untouched file ‘ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT’ in dbedit all the terrestrial freeview channels show a ‘T’ in satpos column. However if I have installed the files then ftp them back from my vu+ box they show nothing in this column. Also it then says 'this is not a regular service but a subservice of a multiple service' when I run my cursor over it (whereas the original say 'terrestrial service'). I cannot understand why this is changing, but maybe it will help someone in the know understand the problem better.

Also, for some reason the numbering is altered, BBC1 moves from 101 to 24 (I think it is hiding/deleting the unused or dummy channels automatically). It even does this to the untouched file, so therefore it is impossible to update the file without messing up the numbering.

Don’t know whether anyone out there can help with this, but I’m getting to the point of giving up on the 3rd tuner. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially if you have the same setup as me and everything is working fine. If possible can you let me know what you installed and in what order. Thanks in advance.
 
Can you post your USB tuner configuration please. Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration, select the USB tuner.

Got to be something simple your missing as your scanned channels are working. Worst case if I where you I'd save all your settings/bouquets to your PC after scanning and the create you own DVB-T bouquet using DBEdit.
 
Thanks for your quick reply

Configuration Mode enabled (one other option - nothing connected)
Terrestrial provider 2 (no other options)
Enable 5v for active antenna off (one other option - on)

Cheers
 
Thanks for your quick reply

Configuration Mode enabled (one other option - nothing connected)
Terrestrial provider 2 (no other options)
Enable 5v for active antenna off (one other option - on)

Cheers

Thats not correct. Not infront of receiver right not, but this evening i can post a screenshot of correct settings.
 
Sorry, I don't understand your last post, can you please elaborate. These are the only 3 options I have on 'Tuner C: Nova-T Stick (DVB-T)'. Have I installed the wrong driver? I installed (plugins/downloadable/drivers/ dib0700 - It was similar to that, I can't remember the exact name its not on the list anymore).
 
Thanks for that, i have reflashed and reloaded driver and now have the settings the same as yours......but still not working, its exactly the same as before. Is there a different driver or anything else I can try?
 
Have you transferred the terrestrial.xml from silverfox's pack to the receiver? FTP is to /etc/enigma2

It could be that silverfox's pack isn't compatible with you area. If its scanning ok, the tuner is fine and no issues with tuner installation so you will need to create your own bouquet.
 
Last edited:
As this is about DVB-T the satellites.xml has no influence (and besides all OP's satellites channels work fine). All transponder frequencies are in the default file terrestrial.xml, and all stored channels are in the same file as satellite channels (i.e. in lamedb); given the fact that your scan was successful there seems to be nothing wrong with them.
But for some reason the channels in your bouquets don't work; as all your channels in 'last scanned' do work fine, I would suggest to use a settingeditor (DBE or Dreamset) to read your settings from the box, make the desired bouquets of the DVB-T channels and upload them (as Sicilian suggested).
 
As this is about DVB-T the satellites.xml has no influence (and besides all OP's satellites channels work fine). All transponder frequencies are in the default file terrestrial.xml, and all stored channels are in the same file as satellite channels (i.e. in lamedb); given the fact that your scan was successful there seems to be nothing wrong with them.
But for some reason the channels in your bouquets don't work; as all your channels in 'last scanned' do work fine, I would suggest to use a settingeditor (DBE or Dreamset) to read your settings from the box, make the desired bouquets of the DVB-T channels and upload them (as Sicilian suggested).

Sorry, my typo, was meant to be terrestrial.xml, early mornings :o
 
....I posted here and it was suggested that it may be due to regional variations, I can understand some channels being different but surely not every single one (I am only in Liverpool). ....
Although not knowledgeable about any specific UK-situation, I think this is where things go wrong.
DVB-T transmissions have only a limited range, but in order not to interfere the same frequencies can only be used several area's away, not in a neighbouring area.
And again: as your scanning goes fine, all is OK with your box and the setup.
 
Not sure if this is right or not but in sics screen grab he has "Terrestrial Provider" set to DVB-C frequencies and I'm sure (but not in front of my box as I'm at work) that it should be set to DVB-T frequencies.

Hope this helps
micscave
 
Not sure if this is right or not but in sics screen grab he has "Terrestrial Provider" set to DVB-C frequencies and I'm sure (but not in front of my box as I'm at work) that it should be set to DVB-T frequencies.

Hope this helps
micscave

Well spotted that man! lol! Yes as stated above it should be set to DVB-T.
 
Thanks to everyone who has helped me out, I have now made my own DTT bouquet and import into the 'ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT' using DreamBoxEdit. I can do this everytime a new update comes out, as it only takes 5 minutes to exchange the DTT settings.

Thanks again :thumbsup:
 
damn i missed this thread

and i was gonna say exactly what OP has done above

my DTT settings are for London so other regions will need rescanning and then swapping over

and the best way is to do what OP done above

as for the terestrial XML my XML is manually edited by me so it will default to UK no need to change it as needed with default XML Files
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top